Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Coding a bilge bot?

Coding a bilge bot?

Hi all,
    For bilge bots i was looking a starting point on the algorithm to solve the puzzle. I have coded the basic to get the board into a 2d array and then swap the pieces, but i dont know how to code what pieces to swap. If anyone how has coded one would care to share that would be great, if not i'll muddle through looking for a better way then a million if then statements.

Regards,
    GearOfCheese

Lots of nested for/while loops I assume.
    new life, who this

There are a fair few patterns, that might take a while. I was hoping for a elegant solution!

I on't code so I don't have a real answer :P
    xerio likes this.
    new life, who this

Quote Originally Posted by WatchMeWin View Post
    I on't code so I don't have a real answer :P
    i find it amusingu still posted a comment xD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xerio View Post
    He is like me but without Doge pics.

Quote Originally Posted by xerio View Post
    I shouldn't lie, I actually code a lot. I just have never coded a bot for ypp.
    new life, who this

Run

Quote Originally Posted by WatchMeWin View Post
    I shouldn't lie, I actually code a lot. I just have never coded a bot for ypp.
    Savage Sun taught me that the best part about coding bots for YPP is that you can declare the variables such bullshit. For instance, in one of his threads he had "if(swag.intterrupted()){}"
    and I was just like... I've coded so many things before and had fun, but never have I had THIS kind of fun xD So now I take it upon myself to instead of finding the needle in the haystack for image finding such as finding the YPP screen, I'm actually finding the bitmap of "Dukie" in the bitmap of "Toilet Bowl." things like that.
    Keep running,
    -Run

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Run View Post
    Savage Sun taught me that the best part about coding bots for YPP is that you can declare the variables such bullshit. For instance, in one of his threads he had "if(swag.intterrupted()){}"
    and I was just like... I've coded so many things before and had fun, but never have I had THIS kind of fun xD So now I take it upon myself to instead of finding the needle in the haystack for image finding such as finding the YPP screen, I'm actually finding the bitmap of "Dukie" in the bitmap of "Toilet Bowl." things like that.
    You should see some of the source's I have... They are hilarious.

Back on topic. Most bilge bots are brute force, so basically you try every move possible to get the highest score. I can give you more information on Skype, I cbf typing it all here. Add me. (Found in signature)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    You should see some of the source's I have... They are hilarious.

Back on topic. Most bilge bots are brute force, so basically you try every move possible to get the highest score. I can give you more information on Skype, I cbf typing it all here. Add me. (Found in signature)
    That seems extremely resource intensive (especially if you're doing it in a single thread), wouldn't it be more logical to check if a piece of the same type were within an x piece radius to it?
    Marigolds are very much in love, but he doesn't mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast