Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trickshot17

Thread: Gauging Interest

Post Gauging Interest

Sup bros!

I'm kind of tired of messing around with Puzzle pirates especially since the game is dying . As a result, I might be willing to de-classify my mouse movement code.

Here are the options:

1.) Open Source: Header file to include, and maybe a CPP file with an example
    2.) People pay me for this stuff and it stays private

Pros of option 1:
    - Easy
    - If one version gets detected, it can be edited and back out to coders quickly
    - People that aren't retarded will hopefully be able to spend more time writing algorithms and less time with HMM.

Cons:
    - Retards and script kiddies will get banned because they can't code and they will blame me
    - Possibly become easier to detect in the long run
    - OOO will have the code to look at

Pros of option 2:
    - I get money
    - OOO doesn't have source
    - Maybe harder to detect

Cons:
    - I'm not going to keep developing a closed source version that I'm not using much of
    - It will not get better than it is now.
    - If OOO pays for it, see option #1.

Let me know what you think. Keep in mind that I might not care at all about your opinion and reserve the right to use any arbitrary method to choose.
    Divica Sales likes this.

Option 2, not to expensive though. Ask that only members of Bot-Supply with a solid post count of 200 - 300 + Or employee statuses can get it.

How much are you looking for

If I were to sell, I would aim to price it such that not everyone that wants it could reasonably get it, but that it wouldn't be too far out of reach. A good HMM is required for any PP bot and many other games as well, and as a result, providing such a service is valuable. Additionally, unlike a bot, it would be pretty hard to control who gets access to essentially a text document.

Sorry for a non-concrete answer, but hopefully you have a slightly better idea.

what makes you think YPP is dying?

If you want to PM me an idea of the price range you're after I may be interested. i'm more serious than probably most of the members on here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carling View Post
    what makes you think YPP is dying?
    The fact it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsharkey View Post

The fact it is.
    proof pl0x rather than your personnel opinionn

Quote Originally Posted by carling View Post
    proof pl0x rather than your personnel opinionn
    The total online players has been going down consistently for quite some time. The iPad release brought some life back to the game, but it's still dying slowly. 'Tis the fate of all games, sadly.