Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Banned for Botting

Banned for Botting

Hey, I know these threads are repetitive - but I was just banned for botting and I lost a 4 year old account. I purchased Aeolus ~2 days ago. I lost a shit ton of money, but idc - I can easily get it back. I just wanted to put this thread here. I know you guys are looking into Aeolus, I just wanted to notify you - this thread isn't meant to criticize Bot-supply or anything of that nature - just to raise awareness. Going to run through this Untaint process soon and see if it works.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Thuum View Post
    Hey, I know these threads are repetitive - but I was just banned for botting and I lost a 4 year old account. I purchased Aeolus ~2 days ago. I lost a shit ton of money, but idc - I can easily get it back. I just wanted to put this thread here. I know you guys are looking into Aeolus, I just wanted to notify you - this thread isn't meant to criticize Bot-supply or anything of that nature - just to raise awareness. Going to run through this Untaint process soon and see if it works.
    Did you use any other bots? A sidekick bot or anything? I looked and used Aeolus for days and none of the accounts I tested on were banned. That's not saying it isn't the cause, maybe I was just lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Did you use any other bots? A sidekick bot or anything? I looked and used Aeolus for days and none of the accounts I tested on were banned. That's not saying it isn't the cause, maybe I was just lucky.
    Yes, I just Poseidon. The last bot I used was Poseidon - I babysit my bots frequently - and I talk a lot too. Maybe because I socialized so much they found me suspicious?

I botted with Aeolus for quite some time and then stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I accept that risk when I bot I can get banned, I just want to assist you guys as much as possible. I am guessing the bot which caused me to be banned was Aeolus - Poseidon has been one of my most reliable bots and I've had in for quite some time. I just recently started using Aeolus and I was banned, after reading the threads about people getting banned I knew I was accepting that risk and quite frankly it didn't surprise me I was banned.

- - - Updated - - -

What is interesting is the pirate I held Ultimate Bilge on for so long and kept that Ultimate status for a long time no longer has it and dropped to Legendary when I did /w on that ocean. The untainting process just worked, and it appears my Pirate dropped from his Ultimate Status to Legendary - this likely has nothing to do with me being banned but it was something I observed...

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated Question: When you untaint your Puzzle Pirates and say I don't use a VPN or anything to erase my computer's identity, is there a possibility OOO can find me evading?
    drumandbass likes this.

Casualty of War

Unrelated Question: When you untaint your Puzzle Pirates and say I don't use a VPN or anything to erase my computer's identity, is there a possibility OOO can find me evading?
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Yup!
    Okay, should I go ahead and switch my Computer's Username and use a VPN just to be extra careful?

-- Then re-run the untainting process?

Aeolus uses straightlines, that troubles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Aeolus uses straightlines, that troubles me.
    I did notice that at first, I know Bot-Supply is testing it. There is a possibility that someone reported me for botting but I find that highly unlikely considering I was very active, speaking, not going active and being friendly and not setting off any red flags.

Casualty of War

Okay, should I go ahead and switch my Computer's Username and use a VPN just to be extra careful?

-- Then re-run the untainting process?
    You don't necessarily need to use a VPN, just get your IP address changed

You may also want to use Technitium mac address changer

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    You don't necessarily need to use a VPN, just get your IP address changed

You may also want to use Technitium mac address changer
    I'll just use a VPN - I really don't feel like shutting off my router/modem for 10 hours just to have it changed. I might download the Mac Address Changer though.

I did notice that at first, I know Bot-Supply is testing it. There is a possibility that someone reported me for botting but I find that highly unlikely considering I was very active, speaking, not going active and being friendly and not setting off any red flags.
    I found it helps when you /tell so much, that even aeo can't keep you sparkly. xD
    new life, who this

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast