Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Results are in for Wood For Thought!

Administrator

The Results are in for Wood For Thought!

I am proud to present you Wood For Thought!

Before we get too far into this, I'd like to thank the following people for helping out making the bot what it is!

aaronswang, saintvicious, Incognito, xerio, HouseStepFan, karlwithak, matte1337, ced, GetBlack, Sage Man, tehherb, blix900, mcfhcb, Illegalz, coolgoo3, Dwm, kymotsujason, The Other Guy, Prentice, aznchris, rafiport, dirtydan, Sobo, Godsdog, Mysticunicycle, kiwi, Masonboar, primavear22, TheRigger, Phoenix, alexboy, SuperCraften, Luriebot, Panda, supermanjcc, rincepz, Moople, tremendous, Failberry, Quetzalcoatl, tricko, Mark856,

7219114, Mahogany, Pain, elle, Severn, Javensme1, Virps, Face, Scarecrow, Merchant96, lovetohax, Shinji77, Ragniirox, Dutyreport, tanman012, Remo, and finally ylaehc

All of you helped us greatly by submitting over 5,000 chromosomes! Those with blue names submitted over 10,000 chromosomes! Everyone listed above will get their name in a credit section on the bot! The total submitted 1,650,901 Chromosomes!

As for the winners of the contests. They go as following:

Spawned the Gene used in the bot: Ced, you won! Your gene was consistently the best scoring in game!

Spawned the Highest scoring Gene: Luriebot, you won! You scored a 71/74 with a total masterpiece count of 24/25!

Both of you won a free copy of Wood For Thought. You will get access to this bot 24 hours before it's released!

I made an unofficial contest for the highest amount of chromosomes submitted: Saintvicious won that with an incredible 199,173 Chromosomes submitted!
    You have the option to turn your user title to "Worlds Largest ePeen". If you so desire this, PM me and I'll change it.

Extra Thanks:
    I would also like to extend a special thank you to my dear friend Aaron. He booted up several servers worth of hardware to help the cause!

Some actual stats about the bot itself:

• So far it's gotten half legendary on the navy. It stays at a very solid and high Grand Master stat.
    • You can start the bot after some of the board is completed, this is a major upgrade over Knock on Wood. Where you had to get off of the carp board completely and restart the bot.
    • It does not crash if it enters an isle or a DR comes up. This was occasionally a problem with KoW.
    • It's really cool to just sit and watch. It really is! Some of the movements it makes will just blow your mind at how different it does stuff.
    • Wood For Thought is a 100% learned bot! No nerfing and no modifications of the solving algorithm was made!
    • It uses very little system resources. This is good for people with laptops and really old desktops. Anyone else, don't worry about this one too much.
    • It is very good at getting craftsmanship if the boards are not able to be finished as a masterpeice.

So with all of the way, I have some things I would like to clear up.

We know about it being a bit derpy with the buckets. That's how it learned to use the bucket. Luckily it uses it better more often than not.

If there is a piece shaking and the board slides it will have to take a moment to refind what's going on. This is an image detection problem but it will not cause the bot to freeze.

Lower boards will give this bot a hard time. It will not do particularly terrible with low boards but it limits the amount of moves it can do and how big of a chain it can make. It will get up rank just fine, though you will see it do some silly stuff. Again this is just how the bot learned how to play.

If you guys have any more questions or concerns ask away! Otherwise, all of you have done amazingly well and I have to thank all of you for helping us make this really cool project work!
    Last edited by Face; 06-23-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Sexxxxyyyyy * fapfapfapfap *

Banned

so is it like inferno as it finds the path and completes it?

Worlds Smallest ePeen

Quote Originally Posted by Lanich View Post
    so is it like inferno as it finds the path and completes it?
    for it to do that it would need to know which pieces are coming... so i'm guessing not

Administrator

Dat video quality tho :x
    Need to get in Contact with me?

Casualty of War

Dammit, I wasn't even close to the epeen D:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HouseStepFan View Post
    for it to do that it would need to know which pieces are coming... so i'm guessing not
    ah okay, i was just wondering because it paused for a good few seconds before carrying on

Are you going to make more bots this way? That'd be cool.

Worlds Smallest ePeen

that feel when i did a bunch of chromosomes these past three days and my sig didn't update ;_;

i-i s-swear my epeen is bigger than this ;_;

edit: that feel when it updates right as i post this
    Last edited by HouseStepFan; 06-23-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lanich View Post
    ah okay, i was just wondering because it paused for a good few seconds before carrying on
    I answered that in the main post. It's an issue with detection and shakey peices after the board slides.

Also @sobo I'm redoing the video quality. I dunno why it rendered so uggers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast