Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wood for thought question

Sobos homie 4 lyfe

Wood for thought question

I've been noticing people with high MP of 25 and you guys are still going with this, with that being said; Whats the point ?

Even if you guys make an amazing bot that can get incredibly high scores + MP rates you tend to nerf bots that are too good anyways, so isnt this some what counter productive in a sense.

Just trying to get a grasp for whats going to happen in the future with this not trying to complain, just going off previous experience with other bots really

#Return

This is a community project, that we did so the community can feel as if they are creating a bot. (And they are!)
    I mean, before it was just me, Face and Severn running it, the level we got to in 2 weeks is the level the community got in less than a day. It's a pretty impressive feat.

It'll be released, that's correct (idk when). It'll be nerfed too. That's also correct. But it's also about getting the community together and having a few fun activities everyone can join in on.
    It's getting MP's consecutive higher than the game allows. But it's also interesting code wise to see how good it can get while LEARNING to do things itself. It's a very advanced AI method, and something we just wanted to see what we could do with it.

Dee

I think in general, bots that are game-breaking tends to make crackdown by developers much harsher, and also makes gameplay pointless since people who do not use the bots will find it extremely difficult to obtain a relatively good standing or DR even if they are good at the puzzle.

Sobos homie 4 lyfe

So now that it's pretty much confirmed that its going to be nerfed, will you be able to tell if itll be better or worse than KoW in terms of performance

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by KittenCollector View Post
    So now that it's pretty much confirmed that its going to be nerfed, will you be able to tell if itll be better or worse than KoW in terms of performance
    We wouldn't release a bot that is worse.

Probably similar if not better.

Sobos homie 4 lyfe

Alright was just asking incase it was just gonna be a worse carp bot with a lower cost, thanks for answering my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    We wouldn't release a bot that is worse.

Probably similar if not better.
    Will this bot be able to token?

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    Will this bot be able to token?
    Probably not, but knowing Severn, I wouldn't say it's never going to happen.

Bot Coder

The reason we are still going is because we need to find consistent genes. Yes, we have found genes that have achieved close to the top score, but as I'm sure you know carpentry has an element of luck in which peices and boards you get. So when the community finds a gene that gives great results, it's most likely luck. The aim is to make chromosomes that consistently get high scores, and so far we are up to a chromasome that gets mostly excelents, and has so far attained around renowned, so there is clearly space for improvement.

As for tokens... let's just see if we can make a good bot first before thinking about that :P

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Severn View Post
    The reason we are still going is because we need to find consistent genes. Yes, we have found genes that have achieved close to the top score, but as I'm sure you know carpentry has an element of luck in which peices and boards you get. So when the community finds a gene that gives great results, it's most likely luck. The aim is to make chromosomes that consistently get high scores, and so far we are up to a chromasome that gets mostly excelents, and has so far attained around renowned, so there is clearly space for improvement.

As for tokens... let's just see if we can make a good bot first before thinking about that :P
    Tokens suck imo :S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast