Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: A more human bilge bot

Bot Coder

[Free] A more human bilge bot

Hi fellas!

I don't like Trident Bilge or Poseidon Bilge. Want to know why? They're not human. Their performance is far beyond what most of us can ever do. Why do you want to pretend you're so damn great at something that you're not? I sure don't want that. I also don't like the effects that these bilge bots have on the game. I remember back in the days, in the time of Crystal Bilge, that I could actually do regular incredibles with manual bilging. I loved it.

Nowadays that is rather impossible. It's harder for normal people to be good bilgers (or puzzlers in any other bot-supported puzzle), and that makes it harder for them to get higher standings and that makes it harder for them to be recognized as the good puzzlers they are. I respect those guys, they're awesome.

Nowadays when I see a bilger doing incredible in SMHs, I automatically assume he's a botter. I'm sure many others agree. When I see a pirate with ren/GM+ in only stats like carpentry, bilging and rigging (patching is easy even botters can get it without bots) - I automatically assume he's a botter. I'm sure many others agree. I for sure don't want to look like a botter to others, and pretend I'm some sort of superhuman. All I want from a bot is being able to lay back in the couch watching some TV while my bot helps out my fellow crew members in an average, humanlike way.

That's why I made my own bilging bot, and now I will release it to you guys.

What it does:
    - Mostly low excellents, occasional goods and very rare incredibles.
    - Uses the very well tested and undetected humanlike mouse movement algorithm (named WindMouse) made by awesome guys for the RuneScape-botting library SRL, actively supported by the community Villavu.com. (Love ya guys)
    - Mouse speed variates automatically over time to add extra undetectableness (hopefully).
    - Gets you a standing up to GM/low legendary (might take a looong time to build up)
    - Pauses once not all bilge pieces are visible. Note: A bug I never bothered to fix caused by this is that if the water level is sinking and uncovers a crab, the bot will not detect the crab as a piece and will pause. Just click any random piece to fix this.
    - I and a friend have been using it for ~9 months now. Hopefully it will stay undetected even if more people use it.

What it does not:
    - It does not press the play button when you get one of those "New piece" messages. Pay attention if you're using a new pirate.
    - It does not use the jellyfish piece. This is not a bug (actually it is, but), I want you to pay attention to the god damn game so you don't straightline in citadels.
    - It does not get you incredibles and it will not make you look like a god. You will however be an above average bilger.
    - It does not purposidly get you tokens. If you want to token, close the bot once you have available halves and do it manually.

Is this a virus?
    No. It does not edit any files at all and it does not connect to the internet. If you don't believe me, run in a sandbox or virtual machine, or leave it alone.

Bonus notes:
    Yes yes, I know "mostly excellents" and "GM/leg" is still very good for a human player, but tweaking it using the variables I had built in seemed to make it either a very good player or a terribly crappy one. Obviously I didn't want the latter.

Also the user interface is very crappy. In fact, there is no user interface. Why bother making one when I'm not making it commercial? There are no variables you can change. Run the .exe file and the bot will immediatly automatically detect the puzzle pirates window and start botting once bilge screen is detected and pause while there is no screen. If you want to do other stuff on the computer while the bilge screen is up, make sure to open the duty report pressing escape, else it will move the mouse even if the window isn't active.

Also if you'd like, take a look at my experimental patch bot simulator: *Removed 'cuz source code was easily obtainable lul*
    But you can play with my ordinary patch simulator without the bot implementation right here!

Requirements:
    - Windows computer (tested on W7 and W8)
    - Visual C++ Redistributable (idk what version, just install the latest)
    - If it still won't run it will be awkward to me and I'll see if I can figure out why

Download:
    Warning: Users have reported being banned using this bot. As always, use at own risk.
    Download here

I won't provide the source for the simple reason that I might be using most of the code for commercial bots in the future.

Now have fun, and pay attention to the god damn game. I hate people ruining it for others by straightlining in SF/rumble without a good reason. Respect your fellow pirates and do a good job
    Last edited by Emaziz; 08-08-2013 at 05:02 AM.

Ex-Staff Member

Just to point it out, Bot-Supply does not accept fault if you are banned for using this bot. Use at your own caution.
    Last edited by doubleuson; 05-17-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleuson View Post
    Just to point it out, Bot-Supply does not accept fault if you are banned for using this bot. Use at your own caution.

EDIT: Download has not yet been checked for RATs so download with caution.
    I recommend you remove the download attatchment until it has been proven to be a-ok.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

Run

I will admit, it was nice back when you could get an incredible on every station (moderately) easily. But, as you know what they say, if you can't beat em', join em. As for the assuming people bot based on carpentry, rigging, bilge, and TH, I try not to do that. Unless I see someone pulling 1,000,000 tokens and still getting incredible on bilge, I don't assume. In fact, it isn't even an assumption. It is more of a presumption, as there is a pre-known fact that normal humans can't do that., but I tend to agree with you on the whole, especially where you sympathize for the non-botters with talent.

Assume
    /əˈso͞om/

Verb:
    A word that makes an *** of u and me.
    Ex.) Ass-u-me

-Run
    Last edited by Run; 05-17-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Covering up profanity.

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Run View Post
    I will admit, it was nice back when you could get an incredible on every station (moderately) easily. But, as you know what they say, if you can't beat em', join em. As for the assuming people bot based on carpentry, rigging, bilge, and TH, I try not to do that. Unless I see someone pulling 1,000,000 tokens and still getting incredible on bilge, I don't assume. In fact, it isn't even an assumption. It is more of a presumption, as there is a pre-known fact that normal humans can't do that., but I tend to agree with you on the whole, especially where you sympathize for the non-botters with talent.

Assume
    /əˈso͞om/

Verb:
    A word that makes an *** of u and me.
    Ex.) Ass-u-me

-Run
    ^ I like you.

On topic: Can any moderator, once my bot has been scanned, add a nice [Free]-tag in the title of the thread? Either I'm blind or there's no way to change it in the edit dialog.

Ex-Staff Member

Checked, nothing malicious found. Edited in the download link and changed the title (by user request).
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Bot Coder

I really love the idea of this bot! I totally support manual only bots, bots where the user has to stay at the screen or if it has to be auto, then at least a rather bad (compared to what the others do) scoring one.

If I might ask one additional question, why no patch bot?

EDIT:
    Also, in the applet sometimes some of the gray dots go missing in the result, I got no clue of patching but I think that something has to be wrong there?
    Last edited by flashbang; 05-17-2013 at 08:03 PM.

//siggy by Poseidon

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    Also, in the applet sometimes some of the gray dots go missing in the result, I got no clue of patching but I think that something has to be wrong there?
    I believe it is because the 'bot' cannot use them in the path it creates in the result.

Very good job on the Patch Bot also.

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    I really love the idea of this bot! I totally support manual only bots, bots where the user has to stay at the screen or if it has to be auto, then at least a rather bad (compared to what the others do) scoring one.

If I might ask one additional question, why no patch bot?
    I'm glad more people share my idea of bots.

As for the patch bot, I found it hard building an algorithm in C++ (which is my favourite language ever<3) because I suck at making C++ GUIs. So I ported it to Java, found lots of stuff to fix and improve so it worked nice, ported it back to C++ and made it puzzle like a charm - except for when it cannot find any solutions. Which is why I need to fix it more, which I won't be able to do as I have 4 exams coming up the next couple of weeks. But don't worry, once those are over I'll finish it ) (Also, I might make it a paid bot since I'm a poor student ))

Edit: And the holes not being used in the patch bot simulator is because the bot weights the holes just as a regular piece - it bases the best solution on how many pieces are used. Will be fixed eventually... Not that it matters, as I'd never release an automatic bot doing all incredibles

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Emaziz View Post
    I'm glad more people share my idea of bots.

As for the patch bot, I found it hard building an algorithm in C++ (which is my favourite language ever<3) because I suck at making C++ GUIs. So I ported it to Java, found lots of stuff to fix and improve so it worked nice, ported it back to C++ and made it puzzle like a charm - except for when it cannot find any solutions. Which is why I need to fix it more, which I won't be able to do as I have 4 exams coming up the next couple of weeks. But don't worry, once those are over I'll finish it ) (Also, I might make it a paid bot since I'm a poor student ))
    It's nice to see some students find time to make bots . I pretty much (sadly) had to step out of this (besides fixing some bugs for Face) due to the lack of time caused by uni and work. If you want to make money from it I suggest you talk to Face about it as he's pretty good with making you get money for your work (if you don't volunteer like me and insist on not being paid, rather wanting to support him make a living).

On a side note, if the bot finds no solutions, do you mean it does not find any solution at all or do you mean it doesn't find a perfect one? Because I don't think PP would let it happen that there is no solution? So just make it go with a really bad solution for this board and get to the next (possibly perfectly solveable) one?

//siggy by Poseidon

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast