Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Smarter DiS?

Smarter DiS?

Do want. I'd honestly pay upwards of $100 for a better, smarter DiS. I know you guys don't want bots that break the game, but it's just something to think about, though I know it probably won't happen.
    Last edited by elle; 05-16-2013 at 05:42 AM.

#Return

While we can make it smarter, it also takes longer to detect and will probably end up in straight lining constantly.

But yeah, I'm doubtful it would be for public scale (If it happened at all) :P

I've noticed that none of the bots utilize more than one core. A bot coded to use all of the cores could have a very high detection speed, don't you think?

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    I've noticed that none of the bots utilize more than one core. A bot programmed to use all of the cores could have a very high detection speed, don't you think?
    Probably, but that would possibly require a re-code of the bot itself, which is even less likely to happen.

Hopefully all new bots will be multithreaded (assuming there are any )

Edit: I also remember you guys dumbing down DiS to 'prevent it from ruining the game' or something along those lines. As is, DiS requires a staggering 0.029 GHz to puzzle at full speed, which is nothing compared to what Trident uses, even at depth 3
    Last edited by elle; 05-16-2013 at 08:06 AM.

DiS is very good SF bot. I like it. But yeah, it could be a ''little bit'' smarter. Ive gotten 1 vegas in month. But totaly- im fine with it like it is now.

Banned

Around the release they did mention something about releasing a nerfed version of the bot. Which means it is out there, it won't be released though.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
    Around the release they did mention something about releasing a nerfed version of the bot. Which means it is out there, it won't be released though.
    After that I believe there was an improvement which was later called DiS 2.0 which was a more powerful algorithm, if you want I could dig through the old versions and compare them in a match if you'd like.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    After that I believe there was an improvement which was later called DiS 2.0 which was a more powerful algorithm, if you want I could dig through the old versions and compare them in a match if you'd like.
    Actually if I remember correctly after the disappointing release of DiS and the huge bugs and shit it had it was either your or Forest who said that you "secretly" released the stronger, non nerfed version of DiS.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
    Actually if I remember correctly after the disappointing release of DiS and the huge bugs and shit it had it was either your or Forest who said that you "secretly" released the stronger, non nerfed version of DiS.
    Nope, it was actually a re-code :/

Trust me man, I worked on the project with Severn, lmao.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast