Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Run

Thread: help me?

help me?

What is the method used in vb to create the bot for the pp? color / image? or others? wanted to know the method, because I am beginner in the course of vb that I do

I believe it is image as Notion released a video of a tutorial about creating a basic bot.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    I believe it is image as Notion released a video of a tutorial about creating a basic bot.
    That was done in C#, it is convertible if you know both languages well enough.

imo, if you know both languages well enough, use c#

I know it gives to create bot with several languages​​, but I wanted to know the method, if it's color / image or other...

Notion had a tutorial where he used bitmaps to capture the screen. Probably the best way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    That was done in C#, it is convertible if you know both languages well enough.
    I missread the OP. What would you consider the better language to use?

Run

With my limited AI experience, I would say for most purposes C++ is my favorite, but I also know that for some of the purposes AI is used for Java and others can be good. Depending on the AI usage, you could use C++ for one specific function but something like Lua (a fairly easy language) for another part. Though using Lua can sometimes be a chore, as you have to add a bunch of crap to make it run with the C's, it also has its benefits and shortcuts. The point is, each language has its ups and downs for AI and algorithms, so if I were you, I would use what I feel best using, even if the language isn't optimized for the certain AI functionality. The first AI that I ever tried to create was C#, but that was before I branched out and learned other languages. The fact of the matter is that it all depends on what you like and what you want to achieve. The best way to learn is to do, so even if you epic fail, you can go try something new =) Hope it helped, don't think it did.

-Run

*EDIT*
    I just reread the question. Herp derp. I'll still leave this up though just in case someone comes upon this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Run View Post
    With my limited AI experience, I would say for most purposes C++ is my favorite, but I also know that for some of the purposes AI is used for Java and others can be good. Depending on the AI usage, you could use C++ for one specific function but something like Lua (a fairly easy language) for another part. Though using Lua can sometimes be a chore, as you have to add a bunch of crap to make it run with the C's, it also has its benefits and shortcuts. The point is, each language has its ups and downs for AI and algorithms, so if I were you, I would use what I feel best using, even if the language isn't optimized for the certain AI functionality. The first AI that I ever tried to create was C#, but that was before I branched out and learned other languages. The fact of the matter is that it all depends on what you like and what you want to achieve. The best way to learn is to do, so even if you epic fail, you can go try something new =) Hope it helped, don't think it did.

-Run

*EDIT*
    I just reread the question. Herp derp. I'll still leave this up though just in case someone comes upon this thread.
    I'm not a coder or try to brag that I know languages and such but I've been trying to learn Lua lately (not from tutorials but from just simply looking at the API and general knowledge) and it is quite an easy language I have to admit It's very similar to Java from what I've experienced. Do you recommend any sites I could learn Lua correctly?

Run

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    I'm not a coder or try to brag that I know languages and such but I've been trying to learn Lua lately (not from tutorials but from just simply looking at the API and general knowledge) and it is quite an easy language I have to admit It's very similar to Java from what I've experienced. Do you recommend any sites I could learn Lua correctly?
    There aren't really any particular sites out there with all the information dedicated to Lua other than their main website. The only language I could say that you could learn everything for online would be Perl. Some god wrote a PDF document that is like 400 pages and displayed it. But for lua? I used a multitude of websites, as each person has a different approach to coding things. Many routes to a single destination. Once you have the basics and are able to program simple functions and loops, I would recommend one of three things.

1.) Buy a book dedicated to Lua. Textbooks bring us nightmares, yes, but ones written by approved sources can make things much easier. There are plenty of books online =)
    2.) Hit up every single Lua related website and figure out small snippets of information and learn their functionality. While most tutorials out there are basics, every single one I have read had at least a bit of more advanced work.
    3.) As practice makes perfect, the logical answer would be to say that using the basics and small snippets from the websites you found, go off and start coding basic programs. Slowly advancing to more advanced things.

The fastest is number 1 in my opinion, but it does cost money. So ehh.
    Number two is good if you are taking it easy and are in no rush to learn, just kind of making it a past time.
    The last number is my favorite, tied with number one at least, because it is much more fun.

Either way, you are going to have to derp around with the language a bit in a compiler to understand it, so just try to enjoy yourself. If you need a certain task performed but don't know the correct syntax or whatever, I'm sure you could find the answer online.

Some of the websites I would recommend are:
    Lua Scripting Tutorial (Advanced) - Foldit Wiki - a Wikia Gaming wiki
    [Lua] The Ultimate Tutorial: For beginners and advanced users alike.
    And of course, how could I forget The Programming Language Lua

Those are just a few websites for more advanced things. The middle one may be the most informative, but some of the authors methods I disagree with. It may just be my style, but it has good information. Anyways, best of luck learning it. Hope I could help a bit.
    Pain likes this.