Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Concerns about the Bilging bake off this Weekend

Concerns about the Bilging bake off this Weekend

I have a couple of concecerns regarding botting and the bake off, this could be there next move to get the needed information for the next ban wave for botting, I don't think the bot is capable of placing first in the competition nor 12th, but this could mean they're gathering information for the next ban wave. I don't know. I think as a safety percassion all bilging bots should be disabled on Saturday and return l after the bake off is complete, what do you think?

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by pplover23 View Post
    I have a couple of concecerns regarding botting and the bake off, this could be there next move to get the needed information for the next ban wave for botting, I don't think the bot is capable of placing first in the competition nor 12th, but this could mean they're gathering information for the next ban wave. I don't know. I think as a safety percassion all bilging bots should be disabled until after the bake off is complete, what do you think?
    Link to the bake-off thread please? I can't find it. q.q

Server Admin

Why would a bilging bake-off mean they want to ban people? People still bot even when there's no bakeoff. Not to mention, the OOO programmers and developers don't work on weekends (although the few OMs would).

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    Why would a bilging bake-off mean they want to ban people? People still bot even when there's no bakeoff. Not to mention, the OOO programmers and developers don't work on weekends (although the few OMs would).
    @screwcrow : Puzzle Pirates Forums - View Thread - Billions of Blistering Blue Barnacles! Bilging Bake-Off! April 27

@sticky exactly, they can collect info any time, why would the bake off be different?

I am just saying they could be using this event to gather information and as a safety percasuion all bilging bots should be disabled on saturday until the bake off is complete. So let me explain I don't think the bot is capable of getting first thus they have the best overall score on the ship already, then they go to the 2nd and third and so on. Until they get to the middle of the pack and then based on that information do a ban wave. I think disabling the bilging bots would be a smart thing and if you cared at all you would disable them.

What makes this competition different from all the rest? What makes you think THIS could be for detecting Bots?
    Why should bots be disavled on this one competition, and not the rest that have gone by? :O

Administrator

Don't want to run a risk of being detected? use the manual mode
    Scarecrow and slyangel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    agreed, simply put.. manual is 100% undetectable, I use more key strokes with keyboard than mouse this way nothing ever the same, so I doubt they can detect that or gain any valuable information from it either..

Ex-Staff Member

I don't think a bake-off will be a special event for banning pirates. They are collecting data for pirates nonetheless so it shouldn't be different from the many people using bilge bots on SMHs. Why would the website take down bots when the auto mode is essentially 'use at your own risk':
    Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast