Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Poseidon improvement suggestions.

Poseidon improvement suggestions.

Would just like to place this thread here so I and maybe others can get their suggestions across to the developers of Poseidon.

Token Support:

For Blockades and SMHs and for Thralling within Cursed Isles.

I would love to see this feature being put in place. You may or may not have thought/worked on it before and it might not of turned out so good. But if Token Support was in place I think you could get more customers and also more happy customers

Faster clicking:

For a higher incredible duty report.

I have a little problem whenever I run poseidon with settings of, Search Depth: 4 moves, and Minimum Combo: Vegas. It hardly ever gets Good, but if I was to use SD: 3 and MC: Sea Donkey, It will run at its fastest. All I'm asking for is a little improvement on it.

Fail safes:

For safer botting

I walked away from my computer for, lets say 5 minutes whilst I let the bilge bot get on with its business. I came back to find the indicator was at its lowest and the cursor wasn't moving or even clicking. I suggest you make a fail safe within the coding so that this wouldn't happen or better yet. Make a fail safe detect that the cursor is not moving and not clicking, and after a certain period of time it will continue (as if you were to restart the bot).

Now I'm not saying all this has got to be done. But I'm just saying, would you think about it?

Also feel free to post your own suggestions

- Pain.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

What is your CPU? That is most probably the reason for your poseidon booching.

R.ita I.s P.erfect

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Would just like to place this thread here so I and maybe others can get their suggestions across to the developers of Poseidon.

Token Support:

For Blockades and SMHs and for Thralling within Cursed Isles.

I would love to see this feature being put in place. You may or may not have thought/worked on it before and it might not of turned out so good. But if Token Support was in place I think you could get more customers and also more happy customers

Faster clicking:

For a higher incredible duty report.

I have a little problem whenever I run poseidon with settings of, Search Depth: 4 moves, and Minimum Combo: Vegas. It hardly ever gets Good, but if I was to use SD: 3 and MC: Sea Donkey, It will run at its fastest. All I'm asking for is a little improvement on it.

Fail safes:

For safer botting

I walked away from my computer for, lets say 5 minutes whilst I let the bilge bot get on with its business. I came back to find the indicator was at its lowest and the cursor wasn't moving or even clicking. I suggest you make a fail safe within the coding so that this wouldn't happen or better yet. Make a fail safe detect that the cursor is not moving and not clicking, and after a certain period of time it will continue (as if you were to restart the bot).

Now I'm not saying all this has got to be done. But I'm just saying, would you think about it?

Also feel free to post your own suggestions

- Pain.
    Token support would be a small feature that's hard to create. It would require massive changes to the algorithm. If the coder would do it, then I'd say go ahead, it would be sweet. I wouldn't call it likely, though.

Faster click would be cool. I'd prefer a speed bar.

Fail safes aren't particularly easy to make. The reason the bot gets stuck is because the algorithm is flawed or your computer lags or is too slow and messes with the functionality of the bot. Sometimes certain bilging situations can screw up the bot's functionality, but those are rare and hard to spot. Fail safes may work if coded correctly, so it's an option for the coder.

I can't tell you if these features will be implemented, but I can give you some information on their nature, if that helps you determine the probability that they will be made.
    Last edited by wastedbro; 02-08-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Skype - wastedbro

Quote Originally Posted by wastedbro View Post
    Faster click would be cool. I'd prefer a speed bar.
    Speed bar? Like they had with Sheer Bilge?

Also figured it out why I can't get the best out of the bot. I have a 2.33GHz CPU and you need a 3.0GHz.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor View Post
    What is your CPU? That is most probably the reason for your poseidon booching.
    Poseidon is not multithreaded, ergo your CPU does not matter at all (given you run a machine not older than +-5 years), even my Intel Atom isn't performing worse than my octacore machine.

Banned

It will be multithreaded in the future though, from what I've heard.
    Also the speed is uses is already the most efficient for the highest DR, moving faster won't get you more points it will just waste combos and make your score drop faster when you run out of combos.
    There's no need for a speed bar imho.

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Cryoma View Post
    Also the speed is uses is already the most efficient for the highest DR, moving faster won't get you more points it will just waste combos and make your score drop faster when you run out of combos.
    Both correct, Sage is working on that and also the bilge puzzle is not based on speed at all. Actually you have about 10sec time to think after each combo before your pump gets affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryoma View Post
    It would help. By the time the bot moves the mouse, it's made it's decision. The bot does need time to "think", but if your processor is good, it can "think" faster and perform faster. Pose is good enough to provide an infinite amount of combos. I've used Decayed on full speed and ran out of combos maybe 1 once every 10+ hours of consecutive botting.

It would rack up faster points, to say the least. I doubt it would be very noticeable, but it really can't hurt.
    Skype - wastedbro

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by wastedbro View Post
    It would help. By the time the bot moves the mouse, it's made it's decision. The bot does need time to "think", but if your processor is good, it can "think" faster and perform faster. Pose is good enough to provide an infinite amount of combos. I've used Decayed on full speed and ran out of combos maybe 1 once every 10+ hours of consecutive botting.

It would rack up faster points, to say the least. I doubt it would be very noticeable, but it really can't hurt.

True but the way it is coded at the moment it will never use your full CPU power and therfor you can only have a working depth of 3. Once it is multithreaded you can, depending on your CPU now, with a normal Quadcore get up to depth 16. Most likely even more as you don't work with cores but threads and if you look at the CPU usage now, not only one core is fully used by one thread. If Sage codes it nicely (what I am sure of he will), you might get a searchdepth of >20.
    Pain likes this.

Banned

I like the idea of tokening because im always trying to get tokens for the spires and so on
    Pain likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast