Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Time to Move on?

Time to Move on?

So ypp is a dying game. Is it really worth the time and effort to continue developing bots for a game that may not even be bottable anymore?

Question is this, have the peeps at bot supply considered working on bots for other games?

Administrator

People bought our bots. Not fixing them would be scamming them in my eyes. Sure move on to other games, but never forget the ones you've done.
    Jay, Dtape, Rage and 1 others like this.

Banned

Ypp might be dying but the demand for bots isn't dead

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    People bought our bots. Not fixing them would be scamming them in my eyes. Sure move on to other games, but never forget the ones you've done.
    That is why I trust Bot-Supply. And why I'll pay for your bots because I know I'm getting quality. And people who actually care about their customers.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by tjwells28 View Post
    Ypp might be dying but the demand for bots isn't dead
    True. It's not dead, but it's dying very quickly.
    Rage likes this.

Banned

It's been a year since I've played but my heart will always be with this website. There sure has been a drastic change to Bot-Supply and BuyPoe even comparing a year ago to today, maybe activity will pickup, you never know, even as unlikely as it is.

Banned

Question is this, have the peeps at bot supply considered working on bots for other games?

Yeah have the peeps considered?

Ex-Staff Member

Well I've been making bots to raise the perfect Sim in the Sims 2 and Sims 3 as well as for playing against me in two player games (Sad, right?). I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with this guilty pleasure so yeah, there's your answer. Also, not many games are made like Puzzle Pirates, where one is required to complete a puzzle to achieve a task and this is where the botting niche can be found. Which is why the Bot Supply website continues to roll.
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Bot-supply will change if it become necessary. But they arent going to leave everyone out in the cold. Its like buying a product with a 3 year warranty. You then call into the company to get it fixed/replaced and they tell you nope we no longer support that product as we changed our focus. I dont see puzzlepirates dying anytime soon. There might even be a big push of new if they start advertising again. Look at runescape it has been dying for the past 4 years and somehow still is going strong. They need to take their focus off of bots and put it into developing new things for the game.

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezlehman View Post
    Look at runescape it has been dying for the past 4 years and somehow still is going strong. They need to take their focus off of bots and put it into developing new things for the game.
    There's a larger player base at Runescape. They have the money spare for advertising on TV and in Cinemas whereas if Y!PP tried to advertise, they'd have to scrap Puzzle Pirates after a few months because the revenue would be less than the outgoing payments for the advertising. If they had advertised a couple of years back when there was a larger active player base, they would have been able to expand but I think it's just too risky now. Shows Y!PP has already died in their eyes.
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast