Thread: Trident 4 moves

Trident 4 moves

Hey!

The trident 4 moves depth can only find a new move in ~2.5 secounds. I've got 3.1 GHz Quad CPU's so that's not the problem.
    What can I do so it will work better?

Newest .NET and newest Java.

I believe the 4 search depth was nerfed so it didn't cause the game to be ruined.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

Ex-Staff Member

The 4 bit-depth in any of the bilge bots takes an extreme amount of processor power.

With your processor, 2.5 seconds per move is not a bad time at all.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    I believe the 4 search depth was nerfed so it didn't cause the game to be ruined.
    Incorrect. Poseidon's 4 move is infinitely better, neither were nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    The 4 bit-depth in any of the bilge bots takes an extreme amount of processor power.

With your processor, 2.5 seconds per move is not a bad time at all.
    What Toxic says is right, but you also got to remember that a human can't think up of 4 move combos in a few milliseconds, if you did it faster it'd just look sus

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Incorrect. Poseidon's 4 move is infinitely better, neither were nerfed.

What Toxic says is right, but you also got to remember that a human can't think up of 4 move combos in a few milliseconds, if you did it faster it'd just look sus
    Aha, I thought I read somewhere that 2.75 GHz was needed to make 4 move combos not loading "slowly" ^^

If it makes any difference Poseidon is just as slow

Administrator

I could be wrong, but I do think the difference for 4 movies is that it's exponential. It may not seem like it, but there are quite a lot of moves which have to be looked with tokens on top of moves to bilge.

There would be an incredible increase in time over poseidon which only looks for score making moves, and not tokens.

Both are just as "slow" but I get the point

Server Admin

For 3-depth 216,000 possible moves need to be analyzed and evaluated. For 4-depth 12,960,000 possible moves need to be analyzed. So it takes 60 times longer (for the CPU) to do 4-depth than 3-depth.

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by matte1337 View Post
    Both are just as "slow" but I get the point
    When I had my old processor (it was a dual-core and only had about 1.5GHz each) it would've taken about 20 seconds, maybe longer for a move to be made. Now I have a quad-core at 3.50 GHz and it's pretty much the same speed as your one is now.

2.5 seconds is not slow. 20 seconds is slow.

I would always choose 4-bit-depth over 3-bit-depth. It may seem slower, but the results are far greater.