Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Will there ever be automatic bots again?

Will there ever be automatic bots again?

I mean, I liked being able to sleep while puzzling instead of having to click, so I was wondering if someone could alter the bots code so that it changes speed often, say on a speed of 1-10 it goes for 5 to 9 in a minute then to 3 then to 7, and still have it overshoot the pieces it needs to make it seem more realistic? Or is this just far fetched and will I have to deal with it D:

With bots that get ult, a huge tell for botting (from YPP's perspective) is a huge cluster of similarly rated players with a homogenous playstyle. Thus a single bot could be indistinguishable from a human player, but as a part of a population of botters, be detectable.

Well, it is'nt like there is a huge amount of VIPs here or people who have the bot, I mean there is like 50 at most if that.

Worlds Smallest ePeen

Quote Originally Posted by Bestnub View Post
    Well, it is'nt like there is a huge amount of VIPs here or people who have the bot, I mean there is like 50 at most if that.
    50 people = a decent part of the ypp population
    SEden likes this.

It was a rough estimate, maybe more maybe less, chances are less.

able to sleep while puzzling
    I vote for manual bots now.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

Administrator

It was a rough estimate, maybe more maybe less, chances are less.
    Chances are quite a bit more then your projected number (by a couple hundred)

We have an exceptionally large customer base in comparison with YPP's userbase. and we will always try our best to give our customers the best, most reliable and safest product available. Just making the mouse speed of the bot go faster and slower every 5 - 9 minutes sadly won't bypass their detections. It's quite tricky to do, even with Pose when it was re-released it had some extremely advanced mouse movements and had still gotten detected within hours.

It's not something that is going to be resolved and fixed within a week or even the following months.. But rest assured we won't give up trying to bring automation back.
    Last edited by Sobo; 01-02-2013 at 05:43 AM.
    Pain and Bestnub like this.
    Need to get in Contact with me?

Bot Coder

The problem with the publicly available bots is that they are designed to perform puzzles like superhumen. Why must everyone go for 100% incredible/excellent when most cannot perform better than good on average? To me botting is about nothing more than automating tasks, meaning I would be more than happy to use a bot that did fine/good on every duty report. Noone would think to themselves "Whoa, that guy is too good. He must be botting" if so.

I'm convinced that TRD are unable to detect bots simply by mouse movement. I assume the official bots are using SRLs WindMouse algorithm for mouse movement, an algorithm which has proven itself as a highly realistic human mouse movement simulation over years against RuneScape's anti-cheat system. So instead of worrying about the virtual input, one should consider designing a more realistic bot behaviour.

I don't know about you guys, but I usually take breaks to go piss when I'm playing by hand. I often take 10 seconds to open facebook, 9gag, any internet newspaper, chat some on skype, anything.

When the 'Ahoy' tab is automatically selected when something happens on Puzzle Pirate I usually X out the message and go back to vessel/chat as I like being able to see the status of the ship and pay some attention to the vessel chat.

When I'm looking at the bilge screen thinking about my next move, I'm not taking my hand of the mouse leaving the pointer take a direct path between two moves. Heck, when I'm really screwed I move the mouse around like a maniac trying to figure where the hell I can click to find a line of three!

And most importantly - I hardly ever do incredible myself without the use of a bot. Getting incredible bilge was quite easy back in the days when bots weren't as popular as now, but with the increasing amount of botters the skill required to get an incredible also rose. Have you tried bilging on the Cerulean ocean (almost dead) compared to Meridian? By hand I was able to produce an incredible on cerulean within the first league points, while well... I'm yet to get one on Meridian. So pretty much every time I see an incredible bilge on meridian I cannot help but to wonder if he's a bot. And it's not just me, people do wonder if those who seem to always produce incredible are bots.

Bot properly - bot realisticly

Banned

I 100% see your point. I most likely went around the rules of bot supply by creating the tools to work with the manual bots however I did it because there are things I wanted to test about their detect. Firstly I went with the bilge and make it move the mouse nonstop. When it makes the a move the moue will move around the screen for a few seconds before placing its next move. I would rather have it do it after each combo but this is something that could for sure be implemented into the bilge bot. I have so far never been banned for botting while using this.

Secondly I make a tool to work with the rigging. I on purpose made it fail and it only gets goods. Due to making it sometimes go out of its line of path the peace will move the wrong way. I also have never been banned using this. I only get called a botter due to the mass scale I run my bots on. Only yesterday I forgot to log them off and some guy saw all 17 of people standing at the dock and reported them all and send me tells. I have no got a single ban however. I'm also in the process of making multiple pirates for each account so that people do not keep seeing the same names together.

Administrator

Everyone can speculate what they think the issues are, but in reality most of them could not be further from what the actual issue is. Poseidon upon testing of it's new mouse movement was undetected and did not get banned. It was tested for weeks. Of course, on a small scale test nothing happened. When we re-released the bot and hundreds of people started to use it? The movements got detected.
    Scarecrow likes this.
    Need to get in Contact with me?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast