Thread: Programming

Programming

So i am interested in learning to program a bot or help contribute a programmer. I have a decent knowledge of C, would this not be helpful or would i need to know java?

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Hool View Post
    So i am interested in learning to program a bot or help contribute a programmer. I have a decent knowledge of C, would this not be helpful or would i need to know java?
    You can code a bot in most languages. If you have a decent knowledge of algorithms in C you should easily be able to make a bot, Java and C# are just the languages our programmers know at the moment and supposedly the "better" languages to learn at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    You can code a bot in most languages. If you have a decent knowledge of algorithms in C you should easily be able to make a bot, Java and C# are just the languages our programmers know at the moment and supposedly the "better" languages to learn at first.
    do you think anyone would probably be willing to let me see old source code?

Server Admin

do you think anyone would probably be willing to let me see old source code?
    Pure Bilger-Source.zip

This is detected. You will get banned using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    Pure Bilger-Source.zip

This is detected. You will get banned using it.
    yeah don't plan on using just wanted to look through code, this might be a little beyond my current knowledge of C, i was looking through some decayed bilge source code earlier. how long have you been programming?

#Return

yeah don't plan on using just wanted to look through code, this might be a little beyond my current knowledge of C, i was looking through some decayed bilge source code earlier. how long have you been programming?
    Notion75 has been programming for about 9-10 years now. (That's who coded Pure Bilger)
    Myself only about 10 months.
    Sticky... God knows, but considering he is an internet roaming AI, probably his whole life.
    Flashbang has been coding for about 6 years or so.
    Severn for a couple of years as well

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Notion75 has been programming for about 9-10 years now. (That's who coded Pure Bilger)
    Myself only about 10 months.
    Sticky... God knows, but considering he is an internet roaming AI, probably his whole life.
    Flashbang has been coding for about 6 years or so.
    Severn for a couple of years as well
    Damn that is a pretty long time; almost went to school for programming I find it so fascinating but I was too scared that finding a good steady job would be too difficult. I am premed now so lets hope that works out :P. Maybe ill keep it as a hobby the rest of my life

id also be interested in learning to program bots. I know a little bit of java if anyone knows a good place to start (or a game to start on)

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by puzzlepirate View Post
    id also be interested in learning to program bots. I know a little bit of java if anyone knows a good place to start (or a game to start on)
    As mentioned in your welcome thread, you should learn to program applications and not focus mainly on bots, they are fairly difficult in most cases and you are likely to fail.

As for places to learn to program applications, try http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=31