Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: [Development] PuzSol BoS update

  1. #1
    Bot Coder
    flashbang is offline

    Posts
    584

    Arrow [Development] PuzSol BoS update

    Well yet again this is probably not the big update and bug-fixing you all have been hoping for but I think some good news are in it though.
    I'll try to bring a bit of structure in this and make it understandable.

    Inside the bot I changed the way it selects the type of guns so now you have less guns to choose from and you choose them by gun name and not by ship name. Makes things a lot easier for us to add new guns since now the bot builds itself the path to the right picture of each gun.

    On the top (I sadly don't know how your version of this bot looks like or the update will look like but I will explain at the version I just made and you will have those options in a way as well) you can now choose whether you want it to search for the lower, the upper or both guns.

    Under that you have the option to make it keep a board (aka gunsitting). This can help if you got a great board in a cade or anywhere and dont feel like leaving station all the time. If not all four guns are shot you sadly still have to stop (CTRL + S) and start (CTRL + A) the bot again.

    In the list where you can select the guns you want it to pick to you have now the additional option to manually Open the station, meaning the bot waits until YOU yourself go onto a gunboard and then starts gunning as soon as the board itself appears (great for vikings as example).

    And last but not least, if the bot makes a missload and booches a gun you now don't have to leave station anymore (what most likely booches your rank) but you just stop and start it again and it goes on clearing out the booched gun and then filling the rest.
    (EDIT: To avoid some misunderstandings, you do not have to leave station anymore to get it to clear a gun, stop and start it while being on station. As far as I remember the code if you stop and start it on station at the moment it searches for the guns and therfor won't go on.)

    I hope this made the bot a bit more interesting to those who still are wondering whether they should buy it or not and made those happier who are in the lucky position of owning this awesome work of Pulse already. As in all my other update before, the credit goes to the initial dev of the bots (Pulse in this case). My work is nothing compared to his / their great work.

    Here a pic of the options and how my GUI looks atm, just to make it a bit more plastic:
    capture.jpg
    Last edited by flashbang; 02-03-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    notion75, Face, Sage Man and 5 others like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Xalyx is offline

    Posts
    326
    So um... I don't see this update Why not make this thread after it's live?

    But lol jk, good job. Don't see it live though.
    Last edited by Xalyx; 02-03-2012 at 08:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Face is offline

    Posts
    2,119
    still gotta secure it bro.

  4. #4
    Bot Coder
    flashbang is offline

    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalyx View Post
    So um... I don't see this update Why not make this thread after it's live.

    But lol jk, good job. Don't see it live though.
    It is an announcement so you see we're still working on updates for it plus I am open for more ideas / improvements. Please post such here as well and I will see what I / we can do and what Face thinks of it. Generally appreciating feedback.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Snipes12 is offline

    Posts
    109
    I am going to love the new features.


    Any word on adding some human-like mouse movements?


    Also,

    Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post

    And last but not least, if the bot makes a missload and booches a gun you now don't have to leave station anymore (what most likely booches your rank) but you just stop and start it again and it goes on clearing out the booched gun and then filling the rest.


    Hasnt that always been possible? Cause that was what I was doing O.o
    Last edited by Snipes12; 02-03-2012 at 08:38 PM.



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Xalyx is offline

    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipes12 View Post
    Any word on adding some human-like mouse movements?
    Legit Ultimate gunners still have to use keyboard to change arrow direction.
    Last edited by Xalyx; 02-03-2012 at 08:49 PM.

  7. #7
    Bot Coder
    flashbang is offline

    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipes12 View Post
    I am going to love the new features.


    Any word on adding some human-like mouse movements?


    Also,




    Hasnt that always been possible? Cause that was what I was doing O.o
    If you say so, I never really used the bot, I just made the updates for it and realized that today after changing some code... If it could do that since ever, the better! I thought it won't go on if you stop and start it again as it first looks for a gun then and won't find it as you are still on station. At least that is how I thought the original code was.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Snipes12 is offline

    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    If you say so, I never really used the bot, I just made the updates for it and realized that today after changing some code... If it could do that since ever, the better! I thought it won't go on if you stop and start it again as it first looks for a gun then and won't find it as you are still on station. At least that is how I thought the original code was.
    When ever it messes up for me I just stop and start it and it seems to reread each cannon and take it from there.

    That is my experience anyway, you coded it, I just use it lol...

    Maybe I misunderstood.



  9. #9
    Bot Coder
    flashbang is offline

    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipes12 View Post
    When ever it messes up for me I just stop and start it and it seems to reread each cannon and take it from there.

    That is my experience anyway, you coded it, I just use it lol...

    Maybe I misunderstood.
    *Pulse coded it
    Well I don't know, I was sure tho if you stop the bot and then start it again nothing happens until you leave the board and then it auto stations again and clean and fills the messed ones. As I said, I got no clue tho what it does when stopped and started again on station till now, maybe Pulse coded it that way that it automatically detects that it still is on station. Will look into that tomorrow when I am on my PC again. Thanks tho for correcting me!

  10. #10
    Bot Coder
    Pulse is offline

    Posts
    17
    afaik, it does that. :P
    Gasman likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •