Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tell-Tale signs of DiS?

Has anyone noticed any signs that a user is using DiS?
    Just wondering if the bot itself has a set pattern to what it tries to do or if it adjusts itself to what pieces fall..
    Apart from it just simply trying to sprinkle the hell out of the opponent is there anything else 'noticable' from playing with/against it?

Just curious.

Fallen.

Server Admin

Don't the 2 players in SF get the same pieces?

If 2 DiS botters verse each other in a 1v1 swordfight they would be mirroring each other

It doesnt build a decent combo at the start.. Thats as far as I got.. Also ran 2 DiS in the same game and they had different structures.

and sticky, not necessarily.. Lots of variables, such as lag, different swords, and that random stall..
    Last edited by Pain; 07-17-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

Bot Coder

Yes there are. But, they have been corrected in the update/ second version to a degree. DiS always uses the space bar, so it will build very quickly at the start of the game so the first give away would be that it always either sprinkles early OR has a lot of pieces on the board quickly. This isn't just a characteristic of DiS though, a lot of good sword fighters play like this. The second give away is, it does sprinkle a lot. Not a lot of players rely on sprinkling as an offensive means of sword fighting. It does play a lot of strikes as well, just more sprinkles then a regular player. Still, this is not a sure sign of using DiS.. it just means you like to sprinkle.. a lot of players do exist that just like to sprinkle, although they tend to have lower standings then DiS. The third give away is that it messes up/suicides at the top of the screen. It is not uncommon for DiS to mis-flip at the top and kill itself with still plenty of space to play in left. It even sometimes has the ability to rescue itself and it will still kill itself. Fortunately the updated version has a much improved algorithm to deal with this, and doesn't suicide nearly as much (hardly at all when working correctly, statistically, its probably less then players genuinely mis-flip).

In conclusion, the only real way to tell that a player is using DiS is seeing them kill themselves a few times in a row, but this will no longer be a problem when the update is released. anything else would be purely speculation. The inclusion of the option for differed playing styles in the update will also put off speculation to who is using DiS as well. Basically, pre-update, the give away is its 'derping' at the top, post-update, there will be no certain give aways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    Don't the 2 players in SF get the same pieces?

If 2 DiS botters verse each other in a 1v1 swordfight they would be mirroring each other
    The update will deal with this better.. it will spilt the two games earlier and will not be noticeable that both players are using bots. It will just be down to luck who wins after that, and who has the better sword of course.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 07-17-2012 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Double Posting :P

Banned

^ And the faster computer, I've noticed that my second computer is slightly slower and deciding where to put the pieces, as my laptop which is considerably faster has no delay in where to drop the pieces

If the person you play again has a saber/reversed saber.

srsly, who uses them?

R.ita I.s P.erfect

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor View Post

srsly, who uses them?
    Some of the best SFers... :l

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor View Post

srsly, who uses them?
    Where were you before the bot got release? there is alot of people who uses saber, even a couple of ultimates uses these swords, falch might be the most famous sword to most ultimate players & Master+ but it isnt the only sword they use

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila View Post
    Some of the luckiest SFers... :l
    Fixed :P

Anyway, normally if you see them suicide when the bot stalls, they're probably using DiS.

I use reverse saber.. have done for years...
    Thanks for the info guys.
    V2 of DiS is looking more and more awesome everytime i hear about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast