Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How do I improve my bot?

Question How do I improve my bot?

A little while ago, I decided to create a bot with my limited coding experience just as an exercise to see if I could. I chose blacksmithing because its scoring isn't based on the amount of time it takes you to move (which is important because I only know c++, and I don't have *too* much coding time under my belt either).

Anyways, I finally have the code working as far as I can see. However, it takes FOREVER to calculate the move sequence the player needs in order to clear the board.

My question is to the coders/developers. How do you take a slow, but working bot, and turn it into a lean mean machine? If you can answer in terms of c++, it will be easier for me to understand.

Bot Coder

Multithread it.

//siggy by Poseidon

Banned

It mainly the algorithm that decides the speed and how much depth your looking into it. But yes multithread it this helps

Bot Coder

a huge issue with speed can be the image recognition. use smaller images, or even single pixels.

Multithreading shouldn't be necessary, it will probably don't do much.

and since you are using c++, be careful with your memory management.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    using c++, be careful with your memory management.

whats the best language to avoid this? and best for bots ? is it java?

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by rikkimartin View Post
    whats the best language to avoid this? and best for bots ? is it java?
    Managed languages such as Java, Python, or .NET have garbage collectors which will clean up any leaked memory. Low-level, unmanaged languages (eg C, C++, ASM, Delphi) can leak memory due to poor coding.

Developer

I'd suggest purchasing a titanium computer case. Rumour has it that a strong computer increases the depth it can look ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by notion75 View Post
    I'd suggest purchasing a titanium computer case. Rumour has it that a strong computer increases the depth it can look ahead.
    Omg! i have never laughed so much before in my whole live!! thanks for it notion, you really made my day

i am looking for someone who can code a bot for me!! The job is paied (100-200USD maybe more) Add me on my skype "henrikkroko" or shoot me a pm! hope to hear from you

Worlds Smallest ePeen

Quote Originally Posted by notion75 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    If I see any trolling/rudeness/negative attitude (...) I will be issuing infractions.
    Requesting an infraction on the user "Notion75" for the reason of "Trolling"

Someones feelings could've been hurt, we're all humans here guys.

Quote Originally Posted by HouseStepFan View Post
    we're all humans here guys.
    Doesn't mean we all need to be babied.

As for the bot, calculation for a puzzle bot should take no more than a second. Try not using image detection at all. Also don't use any detection for your algorithm.
    Skype - wastedbro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast