Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Multi-client botting

Multi-client botting

Hi everyone, new to the site here and as a newbie to the botting scene, looking for some advice.

I'm wondering which of the station bots are best suited for multi-clienting, or if there is even a way to do that? Dont mind if its rigs, patch or bilge.

Appreciate any advice on the topic. Ive seen people talk about having 50+ bot clients running etc, wondering how this can even be possible. I don't need to do 50, but 3-5+ would be really cool.

Not sure if there is anything advanced enough that allows you to switch from a station bot to a SF bot for something like Cit runs as well?

Thanks everyone

I'd either say rigs or bilge, but you're going to have to be on point with restationing or finding a station in the first place (there's a ton of people doing the same thing on blockades). If you have a good restationer this might help our somewhat.

If you're doing 3-5, consider downloading a VM software with a Windows 7 iso or Windows 10 if your computer can handle it. If you want to make an army of your own, look into Google Cloud Platform or a service that will help you connect to your VM in a server. Search the forums a little bit and I'm sure you'll be able to find a guide written by our fellow members on this topic.

Ideally for cit runs, you would want
    1) A bot for a station
    2) An sf bot
    3) A teaming bot
    4) Preferably a staller as well
    5) A restationer
    6) Auto-log upon divvy/port

All of these tools should be able to be found on Bot-Supply forum posts if you look hard enough. Hope this helped give some general pointers.

Happy Botting!

Thanks for the reply!

Cit runs seem a little hard. But maybe kades and HS are good options. I plan to run them with my supervision as well if that helps any.

I will keep searching, but appreciate any help getting pointed in a good direction for a guide to follow. This is for sure not my realm of expertise. That said, I do still appreciate your advice and it gives me a good direction to go searching!

There's I think like 2? ish good guides on how to set up a VM on your computer through software like Virtualbox; the online version of this as seen in GCP/Vultr/Amazon Cloud is basically the same thing, except I would go for the latter if you want a full soccer team's worth of bots at your disposal. Just remember to run essentials such as Java, Jarfix, NET Framework, and maybe the SSL Errorfix so that your bots run smoothly on your VMs as well.

Cit runs are kinda meh; DiS really doesn't like the top rows (just the way it is), and if it happens to mess up near the top and semi-straightline, people will call you out on it or /complain without saying a word. HS backwalls are a better option- people will still report you for having a generic Aethyr (Depth 2 Auto High Token)/Blowhard/Oceans score but at least restationing is't an issue. Kades are tough, especially if you got on the board late and can't get all your alts on a single frig/brig. But hey, all of them pay nice so at the end of the day... you're the one that wins out.

(I have my own beef with people that ONLY run DiS on cit runs... but I'll keep that portion to myself)

Okay interesting, checking out the Amazon lightsail virtual machine now

If I'm understanding correctly, I can launch multiple instances of the Lightsail client and on each one of those instances, I can run a PP client with one of the bots going. Also on each one of the virtual machines I open up, I should download Java, Jarfix, NET Framework, and maybe the SSL Errorfix as other programs. TBH no idea what anything beyond Java is, but can download them!

Also when I run the bots on those VMs, it would in no way be connected to my normal account if I were to log in NOT on the VMs?

Again, Extra Noodles, really appreciate this advice, hoping I can figure this all out in the next few days and buy a few of the bots.

Ideally, the VMs should have their own unique IP address and MAC address, so as long as you're not making the item/poe transfer too obvious between alt-main (i.e /pay Main xyz, or one sided trade) your last concern should not be a problem.

If you're running the VMs locally, I would suggest using a VPN with different IP addresses for each account, along with a unique MAC address as well. (In Virtualbox there should be a way to set a different MAC address for a clone of the original VM; I find this particularly useful because I don't have to manually install YPP and all the stuff mentioned above for every single VM)

Most of the stuff listed above aren't mandatory,but they are solutions to a majority of errors most people run into when setting up Supply Crate/VMs. (Java and NET are essential though!) And yes, you're grasping the right idea for 1 account per VM- if your computer can handle it you'll be making bank in no time.

Great! Well time to do some testing between Virtual Box and the Amazon Lightsail! I am very excited to even just get a handful of these bots up and running! Appreciate the help as always. Will follow up here with results.
    Extra Noodles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Noodles View Post
    I would suggest using a VPN with different IP addresses for each account
    I had this idea as well, only I'm attempting to find a TOR client rather than spin up as many VPNs. OnionFruit was my first choice, but I'm fairly certain it's not entirely anonymous (I've still received some evasion bans with it).

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions, or am I off base here?

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Noodles View Post
    I'd either say rigs or bilge, but you're going to have to be on point with restationing or finding a station in the first place (there's a ton of people doing the same thing on blockades). If you have a good restationer this might help our somewhat.

If you're doing 3-5, consider downloading a VM software with a Windows 7 iso or Windows 10 if your computer can handle it. If you want to make an army of your own, look into Google Cloud Platform or a service that will help you connect to your VM in a server. Search the forums a little bit and I'm sure you'll be able to find a guide written by our fellow members on this topic.

Ideally for cit runs, you would want
    1) A bot for a station
    2) An sf bot
    3) A teaming bot
    4) Preferably a staller as well
    5) A restationer
    6) Auto-log upon divvy/port

All of these tools should be able to be found on Bot-Supply forum posts if you look hard enough. Hope this helped give some general pointers.

Happy Botting!
    Do you have access to an auto-logger? i'd be interested in it tdizl#2334
    Come Fourth, Grammar Nazis!

If you are using a cloud service to host these VMs, this shouldn't be a problem. If you're doing the VMs locally (i.e Virtualbox), I'd suggest subscribing to a service with multiple servers and having each VM connect to a unique one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast