Buying private bots

Buying private bots for YPP.

No patching/rigging/TD/bilge/poker bots and nothing provided by B-S.

I'm not really interested in things that already have public bots for them and I don't necessarily care about rankings.

Things like good SF bots for PvE (DiS sucks), carpentry, and crafting bots would be examples of things I'd most likely be interested in.

Post how much you'd be willing to pay. I doubt anyone will sell you a truly private bot unless you're paying in the thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Peenomenon View Post
    Post how much you'd be willing to pay. I doubt anyone will sell you a truly private bot unless you're paying in the thousands.
    Depends on the bots performance. I'm not exactly looking for 100% private bots that only I and the developer own, just ones that a very few number of people. For certain bots I've paid $300-500 for for reference.

Making bots for these puzzle games is really not difficult, its just a matter of inserting a minimax algorithm and some MINOR optimizations anyone who says otherwise is either an incompetent developer or just on a power trip

- - - Updated - - -

granted some puzzles minimax will not solve such as gunning but that is easily solvable regardless, it might take awhile but it just tedious, not hard

I'd say you're an incompetent developer if you think minimax will solve all the puzzles. Solve sailing with minimax or an "easily solvable" solver then come back and call me incompetent >:c

Sailing - ????? probably undoable
    Rigging - Bot gets #1
    Carpentry - Bot could be written, KoW used to get ulti
    Patching - Bot gets consistent FMPs
    Bilging - Bot gets #1
    Gunning - Bot gets #1
    TH - Overhaul used to get #1?
    Nav - Bot gets #1
    Bnav - image detection is a hassle to write
    SF - Some version of the bot got ulti with saber
    Rumble - Image detection is a hassle to write, but TKO barely plays the puzzle lololol

Drinking - Bot could be written, but it's a hassle
    Spades - Not worth it - check out ISMCTS series of work
    Hearts - Not worth it - check out ISMCTS series of work
    TD - So many bots - Sage's bot < my bot < Jack's bot < some random guy's bot
    Poker - If it were done, it would've killed real money poker tables first - why would you win poe when you could win $$$

Distilling - Sugar and Spice solved it, but got banned
    Alchemistry - Bot gets ult, banned
    Shipwrightery - Bot gets ult
    Blacksmithing - Bot wins competitions, scores high enough that OMs at Grey Havens are probably alarmed
    Foraging - Bot can be done but it's so easy that you don't need one anyways
    Weaving - Bot gets leg-ult, banned
    Last edited by TheRigger; 06-17-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Well I said minimax would not solve all puzzles, but the majority yeah, is there any bot available that doesn't use a form of minimax I'd be curious.

You could solve sailing easily with minimax, just take advantage of pausing the game, will it flag you? Maybe wouldn't have a clue, other options possible to but would definitely be much harder without pausing, definitely possible. Could even leave pausing as a last resort to avoid a booch... If board is getting too messy resort to cleanup mode.

Image detection might be hassle for some puzzles sure but its only extra hour or 2 to setup not like grid positions get offset randomly everything still in same position. I'm surprised theres so few bots and so high ban rates with auto modes (i havent used auto mode in awhile granted, not sure if thats still the case), I still dont understand why supply crate and bots dont randomize their process IDs I guess they somehow know pp doesnt read them I don't know much about java

I'd love to spend time making bots but i guess market is too small for people to really bother with apart from the monopoly at the top of this website who were here first, would love to know their VIP sale statistics as of late be interesting to know how many regular botters are still around

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely be hard to get a GREAT score on sailing i havent played it in years cant quite remember. I've been building AI for puzzle games for my work lately, just me re-interested in this scene

I won't comment on the specific algorithms used for these bots, but for the ones I listed out, only TD used minimax. It was subsequently beaten many times over by bots using ML algorithms reminiscent of AlphaZero.

Damn people actually used ML that seems like insane overkill.. I was incorrect with my terminology earlier I kept referencing minimax but should have said the search method i.e. breadth first search. Looking back my statement was very illogical referring to minimax for solving non turn based puzzles. But I'd say all the bots on this site use a basic search method like that, any that use ML is very surprising but awesome if people really have done that for these puzzles.
    Gonna start looking at source code to whatever old pp bots i can find and see what they've been using, would be very interesting