Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mehfailz x3

Thread: Wood for thought

Wood for thought

Just bought Wood for thought, extracted it to my desktop, tried to open it - instantly i'm hit with two trojans detected and Quarantined. Would like a Refund please. Can't even open it.

Captain Medals

Its a false positive.

The zipped folder should have all the content including the bot. Upon extracting the .exe gets wrongfully removed.
    (Compare the .zip and the extracted WFT folder in the bots folder)
    You can work around that by adding it as an exception or disabling your antivirus temporarily.

If you'd still like a refund send Face a PM.
    Who do you think you are?

Right, I'm meant to disable my antivirus and download a file that's obviously containing trojans?

Captain Medals

Quote Originally Posted by bowwowchick View Post
    Right, I'm meant to disable my antivirus and download a file that's obviously containing trojans?
    Its a false positive.

Wood for thought is not a standalone program and does not work without internet access. The reason is that our bots are secured by an auth system through Supply Crate that only entitle rightful owners to use the bot. When you launch the bot it tries to establish a connection with our server (passing along your Bot Supply credentials) to verify the information which causes confusion with your antivirus.
    If we didn't have that protection mechanism then one person could just share the bot with the entire world and we'd go broke.

Its not a virus.
    Raz likes this.
    Who do you think you are?