Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Money

Thread: Cardshark Review

Cardshark Review

Cardshark is a brand new bot that helps you out by counting cards in Hearts and Spades, as well as calculating odds in Poker.

Hearts:

This mode shows you all the cards at the beginning and then removes them as they are used, showing you only the cards that are remaining in people's hands.
    It will also show you how many points someone has earned that hand.

Technical Issues:

Sometimes does not reset after a hand has been played.

Impressive Stuff:

If you reset the hand after the first trick has already been played, it will remove those cards from the count.

Suggestions:

Some features I would like to see added include, highlighting which cards are in your hand (light blue tint)
    Showing which players no longer have a certain suit (display four suits and strike them when a person no longer has any)
    Show cards that were passed to/by you in the bottom left and color them on the table

---

Spades:

Haven't tried this yet. Probably won't get a chance because who plays spades?

---

Poker:

This bot pretty much just calculates the odds of you hitting a pair, two pair, etc. as a %. Pretty basic stuff that I think most people would be able to guesstimate.
    Will also tell you when there's a possible straight/flush on the board.
    There's a high value preflop function that tells you when you have a hand with a decent chance of being the best hand on the flop. My hands have been shit so I haven't gotten to try this out much yet.

Technical Issues:

Resets and doesn't show the odds after you folded. Kind of annoying if you want to keep following the hand.

Impressive Stuff:

Suggestions:

Some features I would like to see added include, setting up autofold/alerts when you hit certain hands (might kill AoF)
    Should give you a total win chance based on number of people not folded and your hand.
    Would be nice to tell you when you have the nuts.
    If you could see your win likelihood during showdowns (e.g. preflop all in) it would be really sick.

---

Overall, I don't really like it as a Poker aid, I think what it calculates is fairly obvious and anyone can do it just by glancing at the board.
    As a hearts/spades aid it's quite nice and probably worth buying if you play those two a lot. If you're playing at the lower levels you can relax quite a bit and still win 90%+ of the time.

I think this bot could be improved a lot and make it much more worthwhile with very little additional effort, but Hearts/Spades are barely played so this could kill them, and do we really want 10 person AoF games where everyone is waiting for AA suited?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually you know what would be a really cool feature? If this bot kept track of whether you were getting lucky in poker or not. E.g. if you're consistently hitting, consistently getting bad beats, etc.
    Last edited by Money; 10-25-2016 at 11:35 AM.
    Face likes this.

I really agree with this review. Spades I also did not play.

Most helpful/best reason to buy is definitely Hearts. Outshines the old bot by showing who has taken points in real time. Super helpful for shooting/stopping a shoot.

Poker I found completely unhelpful. Like Money said, it only calculates the chances of you getting a pair, etc.

Would be better with a win %.

pas

if you have ever played a significant amount of poker with a %win calculator you would realise that it's totally useless since it assumes that other players have random cards. This doesn't work because people who do not fold generally have a lot stronger hands than pure random cards hence your calculator will make your hand look amazing but saying 80% but you must remember what that 80% is being compared to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyndrei View Post

Most helpful/best reason to buy is definitely Hearts. Outshines the old bot by showing who has taken points in real time. Super helpful for shooting/stopping a shoot.

Poker I found completely unhelpful. Like Money said, it only calculates the chances of you getting a pair, etc.

Would be better with a win %.

Quote Originally Posted by pas View Post
    if you have ever played a significant amount of poker with a %win calculator you would realise that it's totally useless since it assumes that other players have random cards. This doesn't work because people who do not fold generally have a lot stronger hands than pure random cards hence your calculator will make your hand look amazing but saying 80% but you must remember what that 80% is being compared to.
    Yeah, to be honest poker just doesn't really need a bot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyndrei View Post

This bot would be better off sold as a hearts/spades bot imo

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pas View Post
    This is the exact reason why it was not included. The coder is particularly good at poker and enters real life tournaments. He recommended against it because it is overall a useless feature. It will end up costing you PoE so there is no point in using it.