View Poll Results: Should Wood for Thought be re-released?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 84.31%
  • No

8 15.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Vote: Wood For Thought

Administrator

Post Vote: Wood For Thought

~

The question is:

Should Wood for Thought be brought out of retirement?

The reason it was retired was because it had a hard time getting even respected and it was a bit derpy. Recently some people have pointed out you can pretty easily get renowned and a couple people have showed me their grand master rank. Wood for Thought works and gets rank but takes a while to get to a point where you start off on the larger boards. Once it gets there, about Broad/Solid, it performs really quite nicely.

Vote if Wood for Thought should be brought out of retirement! Give your thoughts below too!

Changes:
    • Advertisement Updates
    • Price reduction to 20 dollars
    • Added to VIP

Pros:
    • Gotten me Renowned (GM confirmed by others)
    • Occasional Increds
    • Score ramps up over time. The more stars it has the better holes it gets. Makes new accounts look less bot-y
    • Can be released immediately as opposed to the several months if a new bot was developed
    • Manual mode allows you to avoid obvious mistakes the bot makes

Cons:

• Gets fines and goods until about Solid exp
    • Gets some fines on the navy at solid
    • Not advisable to move the mouse or change screens. This messes up the move counter and will miss shaking pieces for that set.
    • It makes some really strange mistakes since it was coded using unconventional coding methods (genetic algorithm). This is not alterable. Slightly infuriating to watch
    • Possible Score creep

Would it halt a production of a more.. less derpy bot?
    Also would some of the cons be possible to fix, i don't know much at all about coding but moving or changing the screen doesn't seem to be a terribly hard fix.
    On another note i bought this bot a long time ago, and requested a refund to buy SoS at the time, i did that mainly because of the goods and fines but also because i would get mad watching it ( would booch the board instead of using a bucket.) Does it use buckets efficiently after solid?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by W for Whatduh View Post
    Would it halt a production of a more.. less derpy bot?
    No. This question comes up before any bot is in progress.

Also would some of the cons be possible to fix, i don't know much at all about coding but moving or changing the screen doesn't seem to be a terribly hard fix.
    Maybe but probably not. It's an issue with pixel detection which makes things much more wonky. Typically this coder is pretty good about fixing solvable problems.

On another note i bought this bot a long time ago, and requested a refund to buy SoS at the time, i did that mainly because of the goods and fines but also because i would get mad watching it ( would booch the board instead of using a bucket.) Does it use buckets efficiently after solid?
    On the 5 DR navy I just went on it went Good > Exc > Exc > Exc > Exc but no it's pretty stupid with buckets no matter what. It will occasionally, derp out and get fines/goods but typically the derp is contained to one or two boards only.

Infuriating to watch? Sounds like Inferno :P

I'm all for an automated carp bot though, would help to round out the stats cause I can't carp for shit and Knock on Wood is only manual.

I'm impartial but voted yes to bringing it back. Just because a bot is 'weak' doesn't mean it shouldn't be sold. I'm sure many people value earning experience as well as skill stats. Not to mention that the best non-poker/10k kade PoE is pillaging now, which isn't performance based. The only issue is the mouse issue which is pretty significant imho, but not a deal breaker.

On a more general note, I actually think we need more 'weak bots' so we can help reduce the score creep. Would be a godsend for Rigging (when is the last time you saw an Incred?) and would make the score curve look a lot less suspicious. Would be even better if 'weak bots' even rotated their performance based on the day between working at Master/Respected/Distinguished. (for example) -- Only issue is this might cannabalize your higher end bot sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    I'm impartial but voted yes to bringing it back. Just because a bot is 'weak' doesn't mean it shouldn't be sold. I'm sure many people value earning experience as well as skill stats. Not to mention that the best non-poker/10k kade PoE is pillaging now, which isn't performance based. The only issue is the mouse issue which is pretty significant imho, but not a deal breaker.

On a more general note, I actually think we need more 'weak bots' so we can help reduce the score creep. Would be a godsend for Rigging (when is the last time you saw an Incred?) and would make the score curve look a lot less suspicious. Would be even better if 'weak bots' even rotated their performance based on the day between working at Master/Respected/Distinguished. (for example) -- Only issue is this might cannabalize your higher end bot sales.
    I see an incred every time I rig.... :P
    Which is why I only play by hand now (without shitty bot assistance) because otherwise they can find me
    Money likes this.

Sure, you can bring it back... I find that I'm top carp on any pillage / SMH without botting though, so it'll be fun to go against some bots

Mehfailz x3's lover (^ ◕ᴥ◕ ^)

Any clue when the carp bot will be coming back?

I voted yes. Truthfully I bought it back when we were all using it to help it learn (my siggy thing up and disappeared but it was OP back then). Anyway, yes it derps, and seriously do not even shake the desk xD If you leave it to do its thing, it can and will go to GM. Biggest drawbacks are the fact it derps the common piece here and there and it's apparent allergy to putty, but it does Incred occasionally, I have even had consistent Ex throughout a 2 hrs sloop pilly and it does MP 10-12 pretty often.

Administrator

The vote is 28-4 so I will be re-releasing WFT. In the mean time, while a video is being made, have a sales graphic and link! I've further reduced the price to 15 dollars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast