Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 123love123
  • 1 Post By W for Whatduh

Thread: Bot Suggestions?

Bot Suggestions?

Hey

I first bought Oceanus a few days after it came out. Well, I've hit Ult bilge with it (I think it's balanced pretty well - I think it's capable of #1 but it's clearly throttled a bit) and I'm looking to round myself out a bit better.

I noticed a bit of a recent ban wave with several bots, so my question is, what are the bots still considered "safe" that I should purchase next?

I can get excellent sailing and patching (although I hate this puzzle with a passion and will only do it in SMH or Cades) so those puzzles I will be happy hitting grandmaster on legitimately... I was considering the Dreaming in Sprinkles SFer, but I heard that has dropped a few bans recently (perhaps it's just dummies using it in PVP?) as well as Aeolus Rigger (Saw a few bans there too).

These bots are relatively expensive, so I just want to be sure I get a good one for the value

Thanks in advance.

Mehfailz x3's lover (^ ◕ᴥ◕ ^)

I recommend buying the bots that have a manual option if you're worried about being banned. Manual is very safe.

Quote Originally Posted by 123love123 View Post
    I recommend buying the bots that have a manual option if you're worried about being banned. Manual is very safe.
    Yeah, I've wanted to find manuals but the descriptions aren't very thorough however. I was lucky enough to relocate and get a new PC at the same time so I don't pop up on ban evade (or at least I shouldn't) and I'd ideally like to avoid that but also set myself up with a few ships and stats again... It's a grind as we all know and it sucks a little bit worse every time. Very pleased with the quality of Oceanus. Do Flaming Balls + KoW have manual modes?

Mehfailz x3's lover (^ ◕ᴥ◕ ^)

I didn't know that you could still purchase Flaming Balls or KoW :P KoW is manual.

I'm not sure about Flaming Balls. I've never used that one.
    buttblaster666 likes this.

In my personal opinion, You more than likely will never get banned as long as you don't do anything stupid, Regardless of the bot, other than obvious debunked ones (crystal bilge) Everyone states they don't do anything stupid, but I've botted for 2 years or so now and never dropped a ban for botting. I personally haven't had the experience with DiS but. I can sf myself. I think if you were thinking about getting DiS, I would just focus on learning how to sf. (ignore if you are getting it because you're lazy and don't want to sf in lanty or Ci or something.). My second opinion is that there would be no reason to get Aeolus for One reason, That one being Aethyr. Aethyr does just as good as Aeolus and it tokens. Again there was a rumor that it was getting detected but yet again, I've used it since it came out and haven't been banned. And they're also the same price. Ill go through the list of ones i use the most.

1. Aethyr ( 90% auto cba to rig its awful.)
    2. Blowhard Patching ( Only has auto)
    3. Poseidon Bilge ( mostly Manual because it basically taught me how to bilge and now i just use it to help)
    4. I also have SoS and Aeolus but they both are dormant because the tokening bots do just as good and token.
    5. I've used Inferno blacksmithing to get solid Ult. ( I only used manual because I've heard people getting banned from auto and manual is he it literally tells you where to go. I also like blacksmithing.)
    The others i don't really have much experience with.
    buttblaster666 likes this.

Knock on Wood is only manual but its slightly broken, hasn't been updated in awhile, can get renowned at best.
    Flaming guns is auto only and is ban-able.
    Inferno Blacksmith auto is pretty good and does have manual, does achieve ult
    Argos Shipwrightery manual is complicated but auto is good and achieves GM-Leg
    Aethyr, I heard some bans about it's auto but its manual can achieve ultimate
    Overhaul TH is auto and manul, can achieve ult

thats most of the bots with manual

Dreaming of Sprinkles also has a manual mode