Detectability Question

So i wanted to ask before a bot is posted for official selling how much time/effort gets put into making sure its not detected,I tried out Blowhard Patching, and really liked it and was thinking about purchasing it,but it was also brought to my attention that, like me many other people probably have the same feeling. So with that same feeling, they might just go ahead and buy it. So as many people buy it that means more and more people patch a certain way ( because a bot follows an algorithm right? ). So could the Ocean Masters see this as a pattern and then start banning people on that finding. Also how many people test out a bot before official launch because if all of sudden say 40 people start patching a certain way can they say oh they might be botting and flag them?

Captain Medals

Reliability is very important and that's the reason we test our bots thouroughly during development and after release. No puzzle session is the same and therefore the movement differs from person to person. They can't ban you based on how you play the puzzle (f.e almost every gunner uses the same method) nor based on performance (unless you stupidly break the puzzle).
    It's very hard to judge mouse movement as if you go "too strict" with your detection, every pirate could get flagged/banned. Think of it this way: If you bilge and want to swap a piece, you'd go straight from A to B to click it. If the bot does the same, how can you differ the botter from the player? If you go loose on it what are the criterias? Obviously the only and most logical thing is to detect foolproof things as teleporting mouse movements (teleporting cursor without moving) or inputs that are inhuman ( f.e instant board solves) as everything else puts the entire playerbase at risk.
    Our coders put a lot of effort and dedication into our bots and if people ever happen to get banned it is most likely due to their reckless botting behaviour ("zZz", straightlining, no interaction) and not because of the bots themselves. If they actually ever detected our bots (or the movement) you'd see a huge amount of threads and not only a few people complaining here and there over the years.
    Take care when you bot and as long as you don't overdo you'll always be fine.

I hope that answered your concern.
    Who do you think you are?

Much appreciated and very thorough, Thank you for that. So a good idea to have about the subject is you don't get banned for what the bot does but, what it doesnt do, outside of the puzzle itself, like duty breaks, before and after port, during a stoppage such as a sf or a rumble match.

Also, would things that such as accepting 1v1s (not bot sfing) lower your chances of looking like someone who may bot

Captain Medals

Botting always entails a risk ( no matter how perfect the bot itself is) so there is a very slim chance they detect people at certain times but mainly due to their obsessive botting. You can differentiate yourself from other botters by avoiding doing typical mistakes to minimize the chances of getting reported or flagged by their system. If someone ever straightlines or zZz's on a run the players on said ship will never assume he just wasn't paying attention or had to go to the toilet - especially not after scoring like a god a few minutes prior - and therefore he'll earn a shitton of reports. I mean who didn't experience the straightline hate at least once. It is also advised to play puzzles that are different than the botted ones or to actually participate in parlor games as that would mean that f.e not 80% of your playing time solely consists of Bilging or Rigging ("i just happen to love this puzzle") as no one is buying that story. Work on different puzzles and prove your skill so a third person could think you are just talented puzzler instead of an alt with Expert/Ultimate in a single (or more) puzzles as many whiteknights are running around.
    If you get my point: It's almost never the bot itself that gets you banned but rather how you use it. A huge part of YPP is botting and only a handful of people do actually get banned.

If we ever notice a bigger report of bans we do everything we can to check the cause and to fix it as soon as possible. As of now all bots are still undetected so there is no reason to be worried. Our bots are safe to use and I hope you will convince yourself
    Last edited by Mehfailz x3; 07-14-2016 at 03:55 AM.

What is your time frame for obsessive botting, do they go off of hours per day or hours in a row without breaks from the puzzle?

Captain Medals

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden View Post
    What is your time frame for obsessive botting, do they go off of hours per day or hours in a row without breaks from the puzzle?
    Playing almost exclusively SMH multiple times a day and having an implausable stat line throughout their pirate page. Some of them even frequently multi-client on blockades and as stated a dozen times don't interact with the community itself. They basically play YPP as a Bilging/Rigging simulator.

In my eyes you definitely won't fall under that category unless you intend to do all the things I told you not to do given that you even bot that long on a daily basis.

Okay well, i think thats all the questions i had, thanks for all the information. Im trying to wrap my head around the best perspective, to avoid getting a ban for botting.

Captain Medals

Alright, happy botting!

Well i am still in the appeal process. I copped to one bot used a couple times and that was it. My reply basically said it appears I did not list all of the bots I used. Not sure if this is a tactic used to extract info or if there is more to it....