Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Automatic Mode

Automatic Mode

What i would like to know about automatic mode is what actually gets it detected and banned for it? From what the bots have been described, is that the bots use human movements and looks human like. So is it fair to assume that when banned for botting its not because of the movement on the puzzle, but the lack of everything else?
    Ex being: Not talking at all for like 3 hours while your bot automatically does your puzzle
    Referencing the example above time spent on the puzzle, may have something to do with it? but it isn't short amount of time like 3 hours because I've been on cit runs, pillies, ect that have lasted longer than 3 hours and people were stationed the whole time.

Nevertheless, my question to you guys is what causes these bans for automatic botting?

actions I know that may cause a banhammer, but not 100% sure are some of the following:

Straightlining ( I've heard this is a big one)
    Not talking
    Bot messing up (getting a booch and not noticing)
    Vessel ports and you still just chill on station while the booty divides and everyone leaves the boat
    Going Zzz on a puzzle
    Tokens? Certain stations (bilge?) (I've had people say "You got an Incred but like 3 tokens you bot!"

Also i would prefer it to stay on botting on 1 solo Account at a time, i know about VM's and doing like 12 or however many bots probly ups your chances.
    I just want to expand my knowledge on what they look for and what gets you caught while botting automatically

Banned

its complicated.
    but u should get a bot that doesnt freeze , a restationer, and dreaming in sprinkles
    Last edited by scola55; 06-21-2016 at 08:39 PM.

As insightful as ever Scola...

Enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden View Post
    Not talking
    Bot messing up (getting a booch and not noticing)
    Vessel ports and you still just chill on station while the booty divides and everyone leaves the boat
    Tokens? Certain stations (bilge?) (I've had people say "You got an Incred but like 3 tokens you bot!"
    I've done and sometimes still do all of these all the time. No bans.

Just try to be smart and you'll be okay. If it's possible that you just went afk, have puzzle vision, or are just really good, they won't ban you. They want to be 100% certain. (Though this might change now that they are owned by Grey Havens)

Honestly, I think they recognize that without botters, things would just get worse. Xebecs wouldn't even load. There's a reason why I can load Xebecs for HS (no GY) but not cit runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    I've done and sometimes still do all of these all the time. No bans.

Just try to be smart and you'll be okay. If it's possible that you just went afk, have puzzle vision, or are just really good, they won't ban you. They want to be 100% certain. (Though this might change now that they are owned by Grey Havens)
    Thats what i don't understand and still trying to figure out is how they get to that point to where they are certain you are botting. I also just thought that maybe if you come in on a new green pirate and instantly and get your stats up right away especially on high botting skills (Bilge, Rigs, Blacksmithing. Maybe patch?)

Captain Medals

They want to be 100% certain
    lol ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Panda likes this.
    Who do you think you are?

They want to be 100% certain.
    Thats what i want to figure out how they come to that conclusion :P Wasn't Scarecrow working for OOO, if so would he be able to shed some light on this subject?

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden View Post
    Wasn't Scarecrow working for OOO, if so would he be able to shed some light on this subject?
    Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Wait what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Nah that sorta thing gets you promoted around here. #soboisadmin

I am ex-staff as I couldn't maintain my position at Three Rings and this so I made my decision.
    Dunno if that means OM or just forum mod

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast