Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bot Diary -Personal opinion and review for bots (In case you are thinking of buying!)

Bot Diary -Personal opinion and review for bots (In case you are thinking of buying!)

Hello, I see a few people asking the same question of a recent bot update and thought I would give my own opinion for the bots I use just in case anyone is getting cold feet.

Recently came back into Puzzle Pirates just to hook up with an old crew and some of the members who have decided to come back to it, I will use the bots if I want to go for a high score, or if I need to go take a leak, whatever, I use them often for reference.

I do not use these bots to power level my stats or get legendary status, I just use them for fun and occasionally to see how far I can push them to see their maximum output.

Rigging
    Aeolus Rigger - Fantastic bot. Does exactly what it says on the tin, it gets a lot of incredibles and excellents if you are playing with experience in the puzzle, like with most bots I advise getting at least a solid experience in these puzzles before implementing bot use.
    Used on Auto, works fantastic, the manual setting is great too if you are scared off being detected, very simple just connect the green circle to the red circle.
    Aethyr Tokening Rigger - Not as great as the last bot as of course the Tokens slow down process of anyone doing a puzzle. It does a good job of getting tokens, definitely better then people who only have a good experience in getting tokens, but if you are very well experienced I wouldn't advise going out of your way for this bot.

Bilging
    Poseidon Bilging - A descent bot that has potential for incredibles, but majority of the time constantly gets excellents. Nothing more to say, it does a great job.
    Trident Bilge Bot - If you are trying tokens, definitely get this bot as bilging is not only boring but adding tokens on top of that? Complete nightmare for me, so definitely worth an investment.

Please note I am aware that some of the bilging bots are being merged / changed whatever, but again just a review as of to date.

Sword Fighting
    Dreaming in Sprinkles - Good little bot that is super quick on auto (maybe a little too quick) and a bit of a malfunctioning manual system. Occasionally the manual system just stops for no reason and requires the bot to be restarted, probably due to any free-style movement away from what the bot thinks is right. I advise either playing by the book on this one, or setting it on auto and watch it dance.
    Although this bot is not really designed again PvP, besides very experience sword fighters it can definitely stomp anyone up to about Grand-Master level.

Patching
    Spools of Silk Patching - Patching is very easy in my opinion, but not for this bot. I am under the impression that since the changes to this puzzle being about speed, the bot has no chance of keeping up, even on auto. Expect only an excellent or good on this.

Shipwright
    Argos Shipwrightery - Majority of the time it grabs excellents, with an occasional slip up only being able to find one pattern. Other than that, it works pretty damn well and no doubt would raise anyone's stats instantly.

Blacksmithing
    Inferno Blacksmith - Fantastic bot! Always gets incredibles unless the pattern is unforgiving, then it will only miss a maximum of 3 spaces left on the board.

Thank you, cannot wait for further developments, special thank yous to all the developers and I'm glad to have invested.
    You can find all the bots listed in the supply crate as well as on the main bot page here; Buy the bots!

Side note:
    Navigation
    Stardust - $150? Yeah alright. I'm sure it great but that is stretching way too far. Personal opinion, but I would love to hear someones input on this bot.

Dreaming in sprinkles - Change it to semi-automatic by going to puzzle pirates settings and changing the keyboard key that drops the pieces fast from SPACE to X or something else.

This will cause the bot to always stall, and if you think you don't need to stall all you have to do is press the X button yourself.

Would you say Aoelus is better than Aethyr then? Even if you turn token priority on Aethyr off?

Banned

Keep in mind, his entire post is his opinion and in a lot of areas actually incorrect.

To answer your question though, Aethyr performs better than Aelous even WITH tokens turned on.
    Panda and Spinal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bayley371 View Post
    Dreaming in sprinkles - Change it to semi-automatic by going to puzzle pirates settings and changing the keyboard key that drops the pieces fast from SPACE to X or something else.

This will cause the bot to always stall, and if you think you don't need to stall all you have to do is press the X button yourself.
    Hmm. I don't think it's often necessary to stall. In fact in a lot of situations, as long as you're not being targeted much, the bot will speed through sending waves to KO opponents. If you'd care to elaborate as to your stance on stalling, it'd be useful.

Banned

I think hes mostly talking SF'ing in Atlantis/HS where if you've got 2-3+ bots on you generally with the extra piece added the bot can't stay alive long because its unable to break away the board, so stalling delays the inevitable generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinal View Post
    Hello, I see a few people asking the same question of a recent bot update and thought I would give my own opinion for the bots I use just in case anyone is getting cold feet.

Recently came back into Puzzle Pirates just to hook up with an old crew and some of the members who have decided to come back to it, I will use the bots if I want to go for a high score, or if I need to go take a leak, whatever, I use them often for reference.

I do not use these bots to power level my stats or get legendary status, I just use them for fun and occasionally to see how far I can push them to see their maximum output.

Rigging
    Aeolus Rigger - Fantastic bot. Does exactly what it says on the tin, it gets a lot of incredibles and excellents if you are playing with experience in the puzzle, like with most bots I advise getting at least a solid experience in these puzzles before implementing bot use.
    Used on Auto, works fantastic, the manual setting is great too if you are scared off being detected, very simple just connect the green circle to the red circle.
    Aethyr Tokening Rigger - Not as great as the last bot as of course the Tokens slow down process of anyone doing a puzzle. It does a good job of getting tokens, definitely better then people who only have a good experience in getting tokens, but if you are very well experienced I wouldn't advise going out of your way for this bot.

Bilging
    Poseidon Bilging - A descent bot that has potential for incredibles, but majority of the time constantly gets excellents. Nothing more to say, it does a great job.
    Trident Bilge Bot - If you are trying tokens, definitely get this bot as bilging is not only boring but adding tokens on top of that? Complete nightmare for me, so definitely worth an investment.

Please note I am aware that some of the bilging bots are being merged / changed whatever, but again just a review as of to date.

Sword Fighting
    Dreaming in Sprinkles - Good little bot that is super quick on auto (maybe a little too quick) and a bit of a malfunctioning manual system. Occasionally the manual system just stops for no reason and requires the bot to be restarted, probably due to any free-style movement away from what the bot thinks is right. I advise either playing by the book on this one, or setting it on auto and watch it dance.
    Although this bot is not really designed again PvP, besides very experience sword fighters it can definitely stomp anyone up to about Grand-Master level.

Patching
    Spools of Silk Patching - Patching is very easy in my opinion, but not for this bot. I am under the impression that since the changes to this puzzle being about speed, the bot has no chance of keeping up, even on auto. Expect only an excellent or good on this.

Shipwright
    Argos Shipwrightery - Majority of the time it grabs excellents, with an occasional slip up only being able to find one pattern. Other than that, it works pretty damn well and no doubt would raise anyone's stats instantly.

Blacksmithing
    Inferno Blacksmith - Fantastic bot! Always gets incredibles unless the pattern is unforgiving, then it will only miss a maximum of 3 spaces left on the board.

Thank you, cannot wait for further developments, special thank yous to all the developers and I'm glad to have invested.
    You can find all the bots listed in the supply crate as well as on the main bot page here; Buy the bots!

Side note:
    Navigation
    Stardust - $150? Yeah alright. I'm sure it great but that is stretching way too far. Personal opinion, but I would love to hear someones input on this bot.
    I own stardust -

Is the price steep? Yeah forsure - but bot supply is the only game in town and furthermore posses the only public nav bot (if not the only one that has been made) so they can name their price.

Is it worth it? Subjective - If you're a big fan of PP and have disposable income I would say it's worth it. I'm glad to have it in my collection and comes in handy alot since not many people can dnav well. It also sets you apart from other botters. It has the most utility out of any bot imo and I use it frequently.

How well does it work - I'm terrible at dnav. Absolutely terrible. So in comparison it does amazing it, from watching it - it seems dnav is very luck based in that sometimes you don't get the last piece you need. It usually starts out slower getting goods for a couple LP's but then eventually gets sparkly and frequents excellent. I have yet to get an incredible but I do not use it for marathons nor is there usually enough time dnaving to try to.

Overall - If someone wants a dnav bot and they have the extra money it works great as far as quality is concerned. I've seen no bugs no glitchyness it just works.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meth View Post
    I own stardust -

Is the price steep? Yeah forsure - but bot supply is the only game in town and furthermore posses the only public nav bot (if not the only one that has been made) so they can name their price.

Is it worth it? Subjective - If you're a big fan of PP and have disposable income I would say it's worth it. I'm glad to have it in my collection and comes in handy alot since not many people can dnav well. It also sets you apart from other botters. It has the most utility out of any bot imo and I use it frequently.

How well does it work - I'm terrible at dnav. Absolutely terrible. So in comparison it does amazing it, from watching it - it seems dnav is very luck based in that sometimes you don't get the last piece you need. It usually starts out slower getting goods for a couple LP's but then eventually gets sparkly and frequents excellent. I have yet to get an incredible but I do not use it for marathons nor is there usually enough time dnaving to try to.

Overall - If someone wants a dnav bot and they have the extra money it works great as far as quality is concerned. I've seen no bugs no glitchyness it just works.
    It is not 1 of a kind lol there is another public one out there.

dwm

What standing does Argos get you to generally?

Captain Medals

Legendary/Ultimate. Super solid bot
    Who do you think you are?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast