Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Julio Ballskins

Thread: Flaming Balls Bot?

Flaming Balls Bot?

What happened to Balls of Steel... this new bot... needless to say needs a ton of work >.<

bump

Administrator

Back in 2012 (see this thread if you're really THAT curious) Puzzle Pirates started to detect bots. Balls of Steel, along with most every other bot was detected. Because Balls of Steel had no mouse movement and the way the bot completed the gunning board it was not possible to update/create a version of the bot that "safely" completed the puzzle without getting people banned. Because of this, we had no real intentions of releasing a new gunning bot; however enough people had complained about the lack of one Flaming Balls was made. The way the bot is set up currently, is the most efficient and safest way for the gunning puzzle to be completed without running the risk of getting people insta-banned.

Hope that explains it a bit.

Flaming Balls was actually the 5th attempt to create a gunning bot that didn't get people banned. Unfortunately not much we can do about it. However it's not that bad of a bot once you learn how to use it correctly.
    Last edited by Sobo; 07-01-2015 at 02:20 AM.
    Need to get in Contact with me?

Thanks for the explanation, any tips on using it "correctly"?
    zirraffica likes this.

SF Pleb

Quote Originally Posted by Julio Ballskins View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, any tips on using it "correctly"?
    Useful tip I found is if pieces get stuck restation asap - Also first two cannon load the quickest so if you want rating just load both of them then restation I got up to leg this way and could probs get to ult

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by jak8222 View Post
    Useful tip I found is if pieces get stuck restation asap - Also first two cannon load the quickest so if you want rating just load both of them then restation I got up to leg this way and could probs get to ult

Jack
    Yeah I normally do this

Dan
    Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Sobo View Post
    The way the bot is set up currently, is the most efficient and safest way for the gunning puzzle to be completed without running the risk of getting people insta-banned.
    I'd disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sobo View Post
    Flaming Balls was actually the 5th attempt to create a gunning bot that didn't get people banned.
    i thought the problem was you couldn't make it run well on every setup, only some. perhaps you could release one of those? i'm sure there's loads of other people willing to shell out big bucks for a working gunning bot.