Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Scarecrow

Thread: Issues with Wood For Thought

Issues with Wood For Thought

I know Wood for Thought isn't as good as Knock on Wood, but it's useful for when I wanna auto & I hate carping on my laptop, just doesn't feel right.

Anyway, my issue is that Wood For Thought's been acting up a bit recently, has been fine but just last few days I've been using it, seems to be missing holes etc and placing odd pieces. Just leaves loads of holes around by placing the pieces oddly, which really kills the scoring.

Anyone else get this much? Or am I just being stupid asking this?

screen-shot-2015-04-13-19.43.21.jpg
    (On atlantis, got only Good/Fine which isn't really the issue, though when I do the navy usually gets goods/excellents and a couple increds)

I get that after a board reset. or if we do a cit and it hasnt finished the previous board. I fix it by clicking off the ypp client and then back on it... From what i can think of from reading it is actually the coding itself which is why they made it unpurchasable

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by selk View Post
    I know Wood for Thought isn't as good as Knock on Wood, but it's useful for when I wanna auto & I hate carping on my laptop, just doesn't feel right.

Anyway, my issue is that Wood For Thought's been acting up a bit recently, has been fine but just last few days I've been using it, seems to be missing holes etc and placing odd pieces. Just leaves loads of holes around by placing the pieces oddly, which really kills the scoring.

Anyone else get this much? Or am I just being stupid asking this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 19.43.21.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	181.0 KB 
ID:	1829
    (On atlantis, got only Good/Fine which isn't really the issue, though when I do the navy usually gets goods/excellents and a couple increds)
    Wood for Thought isn't amazing, due to the fact it was made using a genetic learning algorithm it came along with a fair few flaws... That have become much more noticeable as time goes by. I wish Knock on Wood was on auto but unfortunately we lost contact with the coder/owner...

This is most likely occurring when your board changes and the bot doesn't realise. You can fix it by clicking off, and then back on, the YPP window.

You probably score better on Navy as the scoring time is less, on navy each DR is separated by about 1-2 minutes depending on how fast you are going. WFT is able to sustain a golden/sparkly hammer for only short periods of time, seeing as there is less time it's more likely to luck out and give a better DR.
    On SMHs rounds are 10-15 minutes. (Can't remember how long they are off the top of my head, it's been a few years since I've been on one...) and you are less likely to sustain a golden/sparkly hammer for that long and hence why you might experience a worse DR.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesouch View Post
    I get that after a board reset. or if we do a cit and it hasnt finished the previous board. I fix it by clicking off the ypp client and then back on it... From what i can think of from reading it is actually the coding itself which is why they made it unpurchasable
    ^This.
    They stopped selling it due to the lack of performance
    Face likes this.