Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Computer Build (Leave Feedback)

This will be my first build, i havent started yet, so i was just curious as to what you guys thought about it, any tips or advice or recommendations are appreciated:-)

Basically tell me ways i can get more bang for my buck, anyways i could enhance it, withought rasing price over 2500 usd.

Intel Core i5-4670K, Asus GeForce GTX 770, NZXT Phantom 630 (Matte Black) - My Custom Build - Mypcbuilding's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker
    Last edited by LUCKY; 08-09-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Eh hmm... I think thats a bit over prices in my opinion I bought a already built Laptop , Asus G75VW and it has better specs then that.. I would keep searching for a better price bud. Desktops are usually suppose to be cheapers then a laptop, Gaming laptop at that.

what like this one?

Newegg.com - ASUS G75 Series G750JX-DB71 Intel Core i7 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 256GB SSD 17.3" Notebook Windows 8 64-Bit

cause ive been looking at getting this laptop as an upgrade on the laptop i have now as well, i just want a desktop for once, ive always had a laptop

Haha Yes thats my Laptop, exact model infact. It is amazing as you can guess. And sure I could understand where your coming from on a desktop point of view, but whats the point in spending $200 more if your going to get lower quality in the end?

i supose the only thing i could think of would be life expectancy? i figure the laptop would die faster than the desktop? (idk, im asking, lol)

Feel free to improve on anyparts, or tell me where i can get it cheaper and whatnot, and ill make the changes=P, the parts dont necessarily have to come from where the link has em, thats just a great way to see them all together=P

- - - Updated - - -

i mean, i want to build a monster, lol, but cheap as possible

That's understandable and typically after 5 years a computer is considered Outdated, specially with laptops since most laptops don't have enough room to upgrade. Desk tops are easily upgradable and yes there Life expectancy last longer *usually* . If you want a desk top I would recommend searching around for parts , oh and I wouldnt recommend windows 8, worse windows there is , Unless you want apps on your computer its completely useless and confusing. I have yet to find one person who likes Windows 8 over Windows 7

Hello i have checked the build and the parts by itself just seem good. I am not well oriented in prices outside my country so i can't check that but here are some overall suggestions:

If you want to save some money consider getting two video cards with Crossfire or CrossfireX, the performance could be just as good but for lower price. Also check warranty on your crucial parts, for example 7-year warranty on power supply is very good (usually 5 years), but 1-year warranty on hard drive is very bad as you don't want to loose your data.

Other info:
    Desktop computers are usually cheaper/better that is right because: You can easily add/exchange parts in desktop computer, but in laptops you can hardly improve performance anyhow. Also laptops usually die out much faster depending on how you care about them. Laptops sometimes have problems with cooling, such issue is easily solved with desktop computers.

About the windows 8 issue, if you want it take it. I have personally tried and used windows 8 but i still like 7 more. Windows 8 are more designed for touchscreens and are less user friendly. For example win8 are claimed to have faster startup time which is true but it is not because of the system. Real reason for faster startup is that "shutdown" does not shut the computer down regularly, it is hybernated instead.
    Hello, i am Kyborek, Programmer and owner of The Captain.
    My skype name is kyborek and my email is admin@hanzlsoft.eu
    If you need anything feel free to ask me.

Honestly i wouldnt go for a SDD just now due to the prices being way over that of a HDD... i mean u could get a bigger hardrive than solid state and save money considering the main difference in it is how fast ur computer takes 2 load up and transferring files around from HDDs ect (dramatic difference sure but if u arent going 2 be doing much changing files about its pointless and if a few minutes doesnt hurt u in starting up ur computer)

Keyboard and mouse doesnt really do anything (honestly if ur choosing a gaming set got to Saitech as they have the best customize able interface keys for any updated gaming sprees and such)

Operating System... really get a Windows 7 Any of them are better than Windows 8 i had it myself got pissed off with the way it was... and on top of that i did phone Microsoft invoking downgrade rights and even though they worked for Microsoft they also stated it is the worst OS they have ever made so REALLY CHANGE IT to Windows 7

Motherboard isnt the best or the worst but if you want something you would be ugprading later i would suggest something that would take more of an advantage of a 4th generation computer build (I7 being 3rd gen)

oh and in my spare time i do build computers for friends lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    That's understandable and typically after 5 years a computer is considered Outdated, specially with laptops since most laptops don't have enough room to upgrade. Desk tops are easily upgradable and yes there Life expectancy last longer *usually* . If you want a desk top I would recommend searching around for parts , oh and I wouldnt recommend windows 8, worse windows there is , Unless you want apps on your computer its completely useless and confusing. I have yet to find one person who likes Windows 8 over Windows 7
    I agree with this, as i said the parts would be shopped around for, no necessarily bought from those websites.
    as far as the windows 8 goes, i have windows 7 and i am beyond in love with it, but i was under the impression that you could turn windows 8 off and it would act like windows 7?

- - - Updated - - -

Well Basically my goal is to build the best gamming desktop i can for a 2500 or less budget.i do want it to have a ton of memmory, but im pretty sure i would never use more than a TB of HDD so thats why thats there, but the SDD is because i have always had a slow computer and slow internet, well in the next couple months i will have the fastest internet i have ever had, and i would like to make my computer the fastest i possibly(as far as start-up, processing anything, and overall connection speed) can just because thats something that amazes me and its a personal preference=P i wanna play a game that is downloaded to a SDD SOOOOOOOO BAD, lol.

so speed and processing are a MUST=P

And i can build it, i just wanna take my time and make sure i have the best of the best parts in it, if you get bored and feel like making a list on pcpartpicker.com feel free to shoot one my way=P

again, i am going to take my time with this and make sure i get it right

If you insist on having a SSD get it small so you can put your OS on it and your steam/game installations - nothing else.

If you run out of space, buy a new one or use the HDD as overflow.

Btw, SSD (Solid State Drive) not whatever the fuck you thought SDD was.

R.ita I.s P.erfect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast