A warning for vpn

Well from what I see a lot of people are using a vpn without setting up the port of puzzle pirates, than that's the use? The door of the puzzle pirates is 476224 if someone does not know. I use proxy switcher for free if someone need something add me on skype. Was only a warning

Ex-Staff Member

I mean no offence since I understand you are trying to help, but is it possible that you create one VPN thread and post your information there. You seem to need to create a new thread everytime you have something to say about one...
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

The point of a VPN is that it covers all ports. There is a difference between a proxy and a VPN.

R.ita I.s P.erfect

For if I build one will sound like I'm talking to myself, but understood I create.

sorry english

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor View Post
    The point of a VPN is that it covers all ports. There is a difference between a proxy and a VPN.
    More I learned that vpn is not for games, and yes a proxy, I could be wrong.

Bot Coder

You both are right, in a way. Even though you are using a VPN programs can bypass it and use your normal IP (e.g. torrent clients). On the other hand, PP uses the VPN connection (at least with the HMA client).

//siggy by Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    You both are right, in a way. Even though you are using a VPN programs can bypass it and use your normal IP (e.g. torrent clients). On the other hand, PP uses the VPN connection (at least with the HMA client).

Understood, I found a file in the folder of pp it seems that identifies use proxy or something of the sort. or am I wrong?

2013/06/10 10:33:49:112 INFO m.a: Detected no proxy settings in the registry.
    2013/06/10 10:33:49:118 INFO m.a: ---------------- Proxy Info -----------------
    2013/06/10 10:33:49:118 INFO m.a: -- Proxy Host: null
    2013/06/10 10:33:49:118 INFO m.a: -- Proxy Port: null
    2013/06/10 10:33:49:118 INFO m.a: ---------------------------------------------

Can anyone help me set up a proxy?

Let's say that I share the internet with a neighbor and he plays pp, and if I am banned it'll also be?