Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gaming desktop

gaming desktop

im looking for someone to help me build a decent gaming desktop on cyberpowerpc.com i would like to stay under 1300 so i was looking at the fang3 viper on there but wanna make sure i get the best for wat im spending the only games i play is wow and swtor and sometimes pp someone plz help

VIP Member

Honestly, you're better off buying each individual part, do you do anything other then gaming?

I'll see what I can do.

Fang III - Viper looks fine if you're not willing to build your own.

My PC cost me about $900 so far, slightly better specs then theirs, but I'm also still upgrading mine.

GTX 550 Ti, 16gb of RAM, i7 2600K, 2x 1TB Harddrive, 1 128gb Kingston-V SSD.
    Last edited by Franky; 02-11-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Developer

"GTX 550 Ti, 16gb of RAM, i7 2600K, 2x 1TB Harddrive, 1 128gb Kingston-V SSD."

That is one nice piece of machinery

all i do is game and go online occasionally but dont no to much about computers so help is nice

gonna log for the night but anyhelp would be nice check out that site and see if theres any better deals for the price ty for ur time

VIP Member

Okay so, if you would rather build a computer, which would save you money, here's what I'd reccomend.

GTX 550 Ti, or better, this graphics card is about $180, can play Skyrim on High, but it can't play Crysis on Max at higher then 40 frames, it handles wonderfully on SWTOR, and even an old computer can play WoW.

i5, or an i7 Intel processor, I personally used the i5 for about a month, but when I started getting into coding, and leaning away from gaming all the time, I decided to sell it for about $150 (Costs about $200 normally) and bout an Intel i7 for $350.

Hard drives are extremely overpriced ATM, so you really only need 500gb-1.5tb, I personally bought 2x 1tb hard drives before the flood happened, so I got them for their old price.

RAM wise, I'd say 2 is absolute minimum, 4 is for a decent gaming computer, 8 is all you really need for gaming, 16 is overkill for what you do. (Even though 16gb of RAM is only $100 in Canada.)

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by notion75 View Post
    "GTX 550 Ti, 16gb of RAM, i7 2600K, 2x 1TB Harddrive, 1 128gb Kingston-V SSD."

That is one nice piece of machinery
    Why thank you, I'm still upgrading my graphics card though xD

well ive never built one my self so id much rather it be custom made from someone else

VIP Member

Theres usually a manual its pretty easy with how the manual on the motherboard is I put my first comp together when I was 8 if you need help ill be glad to explain things to you. Also would love to help you pick out parts add me on skype at dj-redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Why thank you, I'm still upgrading my graphics card though xD
    Send me your old GFX plox :3 haha
    ~420~yup

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast