Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torrents

Ex-Staff Member

Torrents

Hey,

After the download bar hit 100% on the .torrent file I downloaded, it began "seeding".

Does this just mean it is saving it within its servers and uploading it for others to download? Also, are the downloaded files usable while it seeds or will it cause crashes and errors within the files?

Thanks,
    Double
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Seeding is another word for uploading The more seeds the faster the file can be downloaded. So if you wanted to download a torrent but it only had 1 seed... You're gonna have a bad time. But if you have 100+ Seeds.. Well, the file will be downloaded a hell of a lot quicker I always seed any file I download for about 1-2 weeks after I download it and then I close my torrent client and I'll only ever seed that same file whenever I open it up to download another file I hope you understand my shitty explanation.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

Worlds Smallest ePeen

Seeding is letting other people download the file from you. You can use the settings in uTorrent to make it stop seeding at a certain ratio

Ex-Staff Member

As stated above, seeding is simply the uploading of your file for others use.

Your downloaded file is perfectly usable while it is seeding as it is already saved on your computer for your free use.

Banned

Yup they already said it but i'll say it again. It's letting other people download off you. (faster downloadspeeds for others) What I do is delete the torrent so its not seeding. I've gotten in trouble for seeding illegal things. just a heads up

Worlds Smallest ePeen

what kind of trouble?

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by HouseStepFan View Post
    what kind of trouble?
    Usually your ISP sends you a letter in the mail because the MPAA/RIAA noticed you uploading. Here's an example: http://www.emewiki.com/images/articl...2_original.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    Usually your ISP sends you a letter in the mail because the MPAA/RIAA noticed you uploading. Here's an example: http://www.emewiki.com/images/articl...2_original.jpg
    yup yup
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseStepFan View Post
    what kind of trouble?
    Almost got sued :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    yup yup

Almost got sued :P
    That's why I don't seed

I always leech when I torrent. Pirating software is one thing, distributing it is not only worse, but a lot more noticeable....

If you get caught once, I heard it's warning. Twice, and it's a lawsuit. I believe you can be sued for up to $500,000 for each newer movie you pirated.
    Last edited by wastedbro; 01-06-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    Skype - wastedbro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast