You know what really grinds my gears?

(A thread to vent what "Grinds your Gears")

You know what really grinds my gears? When you have to enter those 'Verification Images' pre registration on forums/sites.... And they give you like upside down who knows what the fuck the letters are, and I end up sitting there for 30 minutes til I get one right D:

Yeah. Those images are getting harder and harder too.

So true, I had to click refresh image about 20 times before even trying to attempt to type it in.

R.ita I.s P.erfect

You realize you only have to enter the really weird word? like abbajapl and you can enter anything you want for the normal word because its been scanned from a book. So if it were like this:

peblopttj tree

you could do this

peblopttj nipples
    Marigolds are very much in love, but he doesn't mind

Quote Originally Posted by looloo1 View Post
    You realize you only have to enter the really weird word? like abbajapl and you can enter anything you want for the normal word because its been scanned from a book. So if it were like this:

peblopttj tree

you could do this

peblopttj nipples

Pretty sure that's not the case, I've tried it that way too many times unsuccessfully :P
    ~420~yup

Quote Originally Posted by 420 View Post
    Pretty sure that's not the case, I've tried it that way too many times unsuccessfully :P
    Orly?

Input:

Result:

Don't do this... In the end the companies that run these verification systems end up with electronic copies of books that are half-filled with nonsense. Doing this just destroys knowledge and is overall harmful.

Quote Originally Posted by looloo1 View Post
    Orly?

Input:

Result:

With all due respect, that doesn't really prove anything lol... Either way, 4chan's might be that way, but none that I've used... But wait, when I typed in the wrong image on 4chan the one time I tried to reply.. it did not work
    ~420~yup

Quote Originally Posted by 420 View Post
    With all due respect, that doesn't really prove anything lol... Either way, 4chan's might be that way, but none that I've used... But wait, when I typed in the wrong image on 4chan the one time I tried to reply.. it did not work
    How 'bout now? (be sure to watch my one in 720p fullscreen to better see the words)

and here is another one I found in the recommended videos

Last edited by looloo1; 02-03-2012 at 05:52 AM.

When you had 500+ post count on BP but can't be bothered to try to get it here.