Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Impersonator [Mehfailz x3]

Captain Medals

Impersonator [Mehfailz x3]

Yo guys.

I got an impersonator - his skype address is : mehfailz.x3

I don't have more than one Skype account and my only address is schwabbel6 [ as mentioned in the Skype List of Bot Supply; cba to search for the Thread]
    The guy claims to sell PoEs and other things.

Be awared, it's not me. Don't do any trades wit this person!

Greetz
    Pain likes this.
    Who do you think you are?

Thanks for the warning
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

Banned

Here is the Bot Supply Skype list, http://bot-supply.com/forum/lounge/2...kype-list.html

I recommend that if you are trading with someone over Skype check this list!

Best to be safe than sorry.

Also, thanks Mehfailz for posting this
    Last edited by Tequila; 08-06-2012 at 08:25 PM.

#Return

I've looked up the I.P of this particular Skype and I have not found any matches to members of the community. (Could be a VPN)

Just do what Teq said and check that list and if they are not on that list, shoot me a Skype message and I can always look it up.

The best way to prevent imposter scams is to request a private message on Bot Supply with the trade amount, my skype/MSN, your skype/MSN, and a copy paste of at least 5 lines of the chat.
    Kandor likes this.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    The best way to prevent imposter scams is to request a private message on Bot Supply with the trade amount, my skype/MSN, your skype/MSN, and a copy paste of at least 5 lines of the chat.
    That's not really a prevention, but a really good way for us to know who it is so we can ban them, but yes, getting a PM of their Skype on Bot-Supply is an extremely good idea.

An announcement/Guide written by Wastedbro a while back also provides a lot of details on how to prevent it: WastedBro's Scam Awareness Guide. Just go through that like a checklist and make sure you give yourself the best protection possible.

With one of my trades, I messaged the person a certain "Code word", that they then had to resend to me to prove it was actually them.

Works quite well.
    Bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by killakilla View Post
    what i do for a living and what videos i do where i make kids cry

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    That's not really a prevention, but a really good way for us to know who it is so we can ban them, but yes, getting a PM of their Skype on Bot-Supply is an extremely good idea.

An announcement/Guide written by Wastedbro a while back also provides a lot of details on how to prevent it: WastedBro's Scam Awareness Guide. Just go through that like a checklist and make sure you give yourself the best protection possible.
    It's not exactly to prevent a scam, it's just to verify who you're talking with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulzarax View Post
    With one of my trades, I messaged the person a certain "Code word", that they then had to resend to me to prove it was actually them.

Works quite well.
    Although that may work, it's also a way for people to scam using the 3rd person imposter scam method. I'm not quite sure whether I'm at liberty to explain how that's done, but rest assured, using code words is definitely not the way to go.

It's not exactly to prevent a scam, it's just to verify who you're talking with.

Although that may work, it's also a way for people to scam using the 3rd person imposter scam method. I'm not quite sure whether I'm at liberty to explain how that's done, but rest assured, using code words is definitely not the way to go.
    Fair point there.
    Bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by killakilla View Post
    what i do for a living and what videos i do where i make kids cry

VIP Member

Red Five calling in.
    If you have any business with me, feel free to add me on skype 'waterlesswell'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast