Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kony 2012

Banned

Kony 2012

Guys, I just discovered this BIG new thing.. This man named Joseph Kony captures (and probably rapes) children and makes them slaves, it's all over Facebook and the net it's exploding, they're taking the money and giving it to African children and stuff, you HAVE to sign up, pledge, and if you have the money donate as much as you can (I already donated $150). This man NEEDS to be stopped, I am going down the main street in my town with a Kony t-shirt on to raise awareness.

Here is the website:

Invisible Children | Kony2012

Please, be generous..

/request deletion

I'm 99% sure you are trolling, but some people still believe this bullshit. It has not only seemed like a scam from the start (if you actually did research), but it has been proven that at least 1 third of donated money goes into the company's pockets, not to mention the rest of it can never be tracked. Also, the people from Uganda said they haven't seen militia there in years. In fact, the people of Africa were mad about this.

And even on top of all of that, Kony isn't even active today. No one has seen him in a decade. He is probably dead. In fact, most of his army's activities were executed in the 80's and 90's. Even if Kony was found and stopped, it wouldn't save 1 child. I don't think that's worth thousands of dollars.
    Skype - wastedbro

Worlds Smallest ePeen

Quote Originally Posted by wastedbro View Post
    /request deletion

I'm 99% sure you are trolling, but some people still believe this bullshit. It has not only seemed like a scam from the start (if you actually did research), but it has been proven that at least 1 third of donated money goes into the company's pockets, not to mention the rest of it can never be tracked. Also, the people from Uganda said they haven't seen militia there in years. In fact, the people of Africa were mad about this.

And even on top of all of that, Kony isn't even active today. No one has seen him in a decade. He is probably dead. In fact, most of his army's activities were executed in the 80's and 90's. Even if Kony was found and stopped, it wouldn't save 1 child. I don't think that's worth thousands of dollars.
    As outlined in this thread http://bot-supply.com/forum/lounge/2498-community.html he is no longer a troll, which means this is a very serious thread. You shouldn't undermine honest peoples efforts to help the world

The whole thing was packaged propaganda to try and get the American people into a war mentality so the majority would support the Special Forces troops that Obama ended up sending. The reason was they wanted to gain the mining rights from the Ugandan government which were currently held by China. I mean, considering the Congo War and the biggest genocide since WW2 why else would anyone want to strengthen the Ugandan army? I'm all for trying to stop forced child militia but in that case why stop at Uganda? I lived in SA for 2 years and I can tell you there are much worse things than the LRA.

Another useless random thread from Eze to try and get a laugh?

The difference between Genius and Stupidity, is Genius has it's limits.

Ex-Staff Member

Moved to off topic, you don't deserve +postcout for this lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Moved to off topic, you don't deserve +postcout for this lol.
    That's exactly what's wrong with this all, especially you Champ. They were having a mature discussion revolving someone, this isn't off topic at all, it's general discussion.

Requesting this be moved back, and Champ made moderator coz he's dumb (JKs bro, JKs) and Scarecrow made GM coz he's awesome.

POT

You know the starter of the project Kony 2012 got arrested for being drunk and masterbating in public pissing over shit?

"One of the men behind the Kony 2012 video that went viral last week was detained* in California on Thursday night due to alleged public drunkenness and masturbation, a local NBC affiliate in San Diego reports.

Local police say that Jason Russell, the 33-year-old co-founder of Invisible Children, appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when he was found by officers "in his underwear" allegedly vandalizing cars and masturbating in public, NBC San Diego reports."

full article: Kony 2012-Jason Russell: Invisible Children co-founder detained in San Diego for public masturbation, intoxication.

Startover4 likes this.

R.ita I.s P.erfect

Can we have a bot that automatically changes any new topic Eze makes to be titled "LOOK AT ME!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast