Banned

Quick phone question: iphone vs samsung conquer

So I finally can get a new phone as my other one was washed, so heres my choice.

Before I say it I wanted a good phone without shoveling out too much, and I find these a good choice.

Iphone 4 (not the 4s) and the Samsung Conquer 4G

Iphone 4 is $99 and the Samsung Conquer 4G is $50

Also I do have a iTouch 3 and 4th generation, but my 4th generation is lost in the house (so my mom says when she has it <_<)

So, with that in mind, any ideas? Elle provided me a link which helps give a general idea. Also I will link to sprint's phone wall as not everything seems to be mentioned on the link she gave me.

Iphone 4 - http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...abId=dt_phones

Samsung Conquer 4G - http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...abId=dt_phones

The site linked to me by Elle - Samsung Conquer 4G vs Apple iPhone 4

Bot Coder

Whatever you buy DONT and I repeat DONT buy an iPhone. Samsung is cheapass manufacturing and cheap parts besides one or two highlights. If only choice of these two get Samsung, best get HTC.

//siggy by Poseidon

Banned

I don't know, I have a lot of friends who enjoy iphones, but my dad has a HTC and doesn't seem to like it.

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by cm punk View Post
    I don't know, I have a lot of friends who enjoy iphones, but my dad has a HTC and doesn't seem to like it.
    I have now my 5th HTC in row and never ever had a single problem with it. They are fast, reliable, have a good quality, great support and many things to choose from. Of course, if you fail to choose the right for you you won't like it but there's one literarily for every taste.

iPhones are a a fashion accessiore. Just in every situation that may happen to you (unless you're generally too stupid to handle android) you're better with an android mobile and best with HTC. Of course a HTC is not as "cool" as an iPhone. If you want to be cool get an iPhone, if you want to use your mobile for various things (as example also having an USB-Storage with you with SD-Card, imo the best argument against an iPhone) please get an android one. If you don't want to spend much money get Samsung if you value high(er) quality get an HTC.

//siggy by Poseidon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    I have now my 5th HTC in row and never ever had a single problem with it. They are fast, reliable, have a good quality, great support and many things to choose from. Of course, if you fail to choose the right for you you won't like it but there's one literarily for every taste.

iPhones are a a fashion accessiore. Just in every situation that may happen to you (unless you're generally too stupid to handle android) you're better with an android mobile and best with HTC. Of course a HTC is not as "cool" as an iPhone. If you want to be cool get an iPhone, if you want to use your mobile for various things (as example also having an USB-Storage with you with SD-Card, imo the best argument against an iPhone) please get an android one. If you don't want to spend much money get Samsung if you value high(er) quality get an HTC.
    As much as I'd love to shove out $200 for a HTC from my two past experiences with phones have been bad, so I'd like to not spend so much until I can keep a phone for more then 2 months :P

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by cm punk View Post
    As much as I'd love to shove out $200 for a HTC from my two past experiences with phones have been bad, so I'd like to not spend so much until I can keep a phone for more then 2 months :P
    Then please get at least the Samsung. Just don't drop it... but rather drop a Samsung than an iPhone (it's more likely to survive). I just love my HTCs for work, the case being made from a single aluminiumblock helps me nearly weekly when I either drop it or run against some truss.

//siggy by Poseidon

Samsung Galaxy S3! If that not in your price range, listen to Flash, Iphones are crap. A majority of people who buy Iphones only buy the phone because of the name. They don't go research too see the MUCH better Androids out there.

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by ppforlifee View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S3! If that not in your price range, listen to Flash, Iphones are crap. A majority of people who buy Iphones only buy the phone because of the name. They don't go research too see the MUCH better Androids out there.
    HTC One X

and agreed.

//siggy by Poseidon

You have an iDevice, you probably know that Apple has imposed many limitations on their devices. The iPod touch 4G also has the exact same hardware as the iPhone 4, except maybe RAM, the iPod Touch 4G has 256mb RAM, I don't know how much the iPhone has. But the iPhone 4 is already quite outdated. I have an iPod Touch 4G and it doesn't run iOS5 exceptionally well. It still stutters in some places.
    The requirement for iTunes if you want to use your iDevice productively. (Syncing is just a pain in the ass, especially if have your media on more than just 1 PC)
    No widgets, although they do have that notify blind thing now.
    No themes
    No Flash
    I personally also HATE the Safari browser, and I use an app to browse. On Android you can choose a default web browser for links, on iOS, it's locked to Safari.
    No expansion on iPhones (You choose a size and that's what you get, no MicroSD slots for upgrading your capacity, which Android devices have).

Android is quite more advanced than iOS, you can customize a lot more, choose what you like, more freedom. This is not to say that iOS isn't very attractive too, and runs well on their devices. But it's simpler than Android, and less stabilizability.When I use an iDevice I just feel like I'm trapped in a box. Also styling, on the new iPhones I guess it's love/hate. I personally don't like it, you can build a solid house out of them, but the old design I really liked.