Thread: R.a.t 5

Bot Coder

R.a.t 5

Okay so I got this CYBORG R.A.T. 5 mouse thingy from my little brother as it doesn't work properly with his new laptop and I actually only use it because I saw it has a neat sideways scrolling wheel which comes in handy for coding when on a smaller screen. However sadly, just that won't work... Anyone has an idea / had the same problem and knows a solution? Tried pretty much everything I could find online about it (e.g. right / left arrow keys etc.).

//siggy by Poseidon

I was contemplating buying one of the R.A.T series mice before going for a Logitech G500... I do remember a few things from reading reviews etc

Bot Coder

Nah, that's just extra buttons according to the manufacturers, sadly not useable as left/right scrolling wheel.

//siggy by Poseidon

Which part do you mean?

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by superprada View Post
    Which part do you mean?
    The to take apart.

//siggy by Poseidon

VIP Member

I bought this mouse ages ago, I used it for a week, and returned it and got myself the Sidewinder.

If you like to have a heavy large mouse, buy a sidewinder.

The problem with the scrollwheel sounds like software issues
    If you have any business with me, feel free to add me on skype 'waterlesswell'

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I bought this mouse ages ago, I used it for a week, and returned it and got myself the Sidewinder.

If you like to have a heavy large mouse, buy a sidewinder.

The problem with the scrollwheel sounds like software issues
    Nah, it's just meant as two buttons and I wondered if I can program it as sideways scrolling wheel but sadly they don't have a LUA editor or anything like Logitech offers.

//siggy by Poseidon

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    Nah, it's just meant as two buttons and I wondered if I can program it as sideways scrolling wheel but sadly they don't have a LUA editor or anything like Logitech offers.
    Oh you mean the mouse doesn't allow macros? Damn
    If you have any business with me, feel free to add me on skype 'waterlesswell'