Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Banned

Mass Effect 3

Sup, just downloaded this game. Decided to record some HD gameplay, pretty proud of my baby. She managed to record this on max with full size fraps settings at 60 FPS.

Sick game also.
    Mass Effect 3 HD Gameplay - YouTube

Ex-Staff Member

Computer specs?

Bot Coder

Why again does one need 60fps? Especially 'cause Youtube only shows 30... and the highest standard I know from work is 29.97. If I am informed right our eye sees it as stopless motion from 24.somewhat5 and can't really take care of more.

Just wondering... enlighten me please!

//siggy by Poseidon

Banned

I thought that the eye can only see at 60 actually. Anyways, I think 60 FPS is fine for any game. But 30 FPS would be way too choppy, and if it was recorded you would be able to see it as well, obviously smoother game play is preferred over choppy game play.

Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
    I thought that the eye can only see at 60 actually. Anyways, I think 60 FPS is fine for any game. But 30 FPS would be way too choppy, and if it was recorded you would be able to see it as well, obviously smoother game play is preferred over choppy game play.
    So the game looks smoother to you than the youtube video? Since the youtube video is only playing at 30fps. TV is only at 25-29.97fps (depending whether PAL or NTSC). I am not a game engineer or whatever but from my time working at a TV channel I can tell you that there we use a maximum of 30fps and it looks brilliant in my opinion!

//siggy by Poseidon

Banned

Regardless if it is shown as 30 FPS on YouTube recording it with a higher frame rate make a difference. For example if I recorded something at 120 FPS and slowed it down 4x (EXTREMELY SMOOTH) and uploaded it to YouTube it isn't slowed down to 30 FPS.

Sorry, don't know how else to explain it.

As for my PC, I think I have a gamers dream setup right now, I just got my new ASUS 24" monitor to dual with my 23".

My PC specs:

Corsair 750 W. PSU
    8GB RAM
    ATI 5870 (XFX)
    2.8 AMD Phenom x4

As for my gear as you saw in the picture I have a Razer Mamba, Steelseries 9HD Mousepad, Default HP keyboard (wouldn't prefer anything else), Razer Megalodon, and that is a tablet for Photoshop and other things and a joystick for BF3.

Sorry for the shit quality, I had to use my portable camera, I can't find the battery charger for my SLR unfortunately .

Bot Coder

Sure, if you have a slow-motion made out of a real-time event then you need higher FPS rates but as far as I saw your video it was real-time gameplay and youtube just kicked out the frames you had extra.
    Nice PC btw, for gamer enough for sure! Just don't like AMD and for video / grqaphics could use a bit more I guess.

And close your PC case, will give better cooling .

//siggy by Poseidon

Banned

I don't like my processor, I am getting an intel i7 something (whenever I figure out which one I want to get). But as for ATI GPU's I prefer them over nvidia. I can run everything on high/max settings and get a killer frame rate so I won't complain. As for the case being opened I just moved my desk and I had some fans there before.

What do you mean "for gamer enough for sure" I don't really understand the English there. Mind going a bit more in depth?

About the dates in your pictures...are you from the future??

Picture date: May 9, 2012
    Are you one month into the future? because im pretty sure its only April :3

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by karlwithak View Post
    About the dates in your pictures...are you from the future??
    Ninja'd
    Marigolds are very much in love, but he doesn't mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast