Lob

VR glasses for gaming

I was thinking of buying a pair, but I've seen so many mixed reviews and due to the huge difference in cost between them I wanted to ask here first. Have anyone here tried them? If so, which one?
    Last edited by Lob; 09-26-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Get the Oculus Rift or however it's spelt.

Run

Quote Originally Posted by Omegwavex View Post
    Get the Oculus Rift or however it's spelt.
    I've tried the OC Rift, and depending on what you're doing, they are orgasmic. I can see them being abused on... per say, '18 +' adult games in the future. HAHA. I just wouldn't want to drop the money on that kind of software unless the price would drop a bit. 300 USD seems a bit overkill at the moment, and I'd rather put that money into something such as the newly dubbed "Next Gen Console(s)."

However, I can see in the future developing teams and many people buying and using this device. Now or later, in the next few years the market will expand. Or crash. I have no idea.
    Keep running,
    -Run

#Return

You're buying the development kit, it's not really focused around people buying it just to play games on it... (Although people are doing just that), Moreso people developing games to be used with it.

Banned

How much a difference could glasses like these make to your gaming?

They don't improve your gaming, they reduce eye strain/fatigue so you can game for longer etc.

Lob

Quote Originally Posted by Run View Post
    I've tried the OC Rift, and depending on what you're doing, they are orgasmic. I can see them being abused on... per say, '18 +' adult games in the future. HAHA. I just wouldn't want to drop the money on that kind of software unless the price would drop a bit. 300 USD seems a bit overkill at the moment, and I'd rather put that money into something such as the newly dubbed "Next Gen Console(s)." .
    The OC Rift looks good. Surprised so many games are already compatible with them. How was the resolution?

Yes, 300 USD is a lot, but it sure is cheaper than Sony's version

OC Rift is something I can recommend you. But it totally depen on the work you re gonna do.

Lob

Quote Originally Posted by MazLee View Post
    OC Rift is something I can recommend you. But it totally depen on the work you re gonna do.
    I ordered the rift a few weeks ago, along with the extra filter to fix the screen door effect.

Lob

I got them about 3 weeks ago and holy shit, they are so amazing! Even PP is great with them lol. Can't wait for the consumer version of them and more native supported games.