Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Advice on computer build

As of now my current build is -
    a12e24b2571a09cef2196455f069fad7.png
    1163468c926c5bdcb1e6b9f99c4f7fe0.png

I'm basically looking for opinions on anything that is shit, or if anyone has an alternative that is better value for money etc,
    Thanks to anyone that can help

What is your budget?

If your going for a gaming computer, ( Just gaming, no streaming ) Get off the i7 quad core and get an Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz with a dual core, saves money, and if your not streaming, you have no need for an i7

If your running CPU intensive programs, get Liquidcooling as well.

Also, an Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard is one of the best for it's price range, i'd recomend that.
    Last edited by Omegwavex; 06-22-2013 at 11:45 PM.

I would recommend getting a graphic card from Nvidia instead of AMD, but other than that it looks like a great build

Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    I would recommend getting a graphic card from Nvidia instead of AMD, but other than that it looks like a great build
    AMD's are better at rendering than GTX/Nvidia in area's like Fluid Simulation, Computer Vision, LuxMark sampling, and Videa rendering

Nvidia cards tend to run cooler and have longer life expectancies.

OP, if you can wait a few hours I could build a similar one at a lower price probably. I can't do it now because I'm at work on my phone ;(

In all honesty ive build a fair ammount of computers but if its just for games i really wouldnt go with a AMD build like OMEG suggest (AMD is the worst for gaming seriously i run an AMD FX8 and Intels I7 3770k)

For Your CPU Cooler i would suggest any Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler from Cooler Master or Cooler Master 212 Evo (dual Fan Edition)

for your Corsairs Vengence ram the 8 Gig chips are decent but i should hope the speed of them are at least 2133 not 1600 (since its based for gaming the 2133 2600 are more efficent)

Graphics Card.. well if you was 2 get a 2 way SLI feature on that card u could get a decent card if u cant i would highly suggest the Geforce GTX 690 (titan if u can afford it the SLI just makes it a little better than the 690)

Lets say ideally my budget is 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    i still stick 2 what i said above lol the card u have is decent for what u can afford then but depending on ur cooling type ur going for thats what i can recomend

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    with that kind of budget, you can get some pretty great hardware.

The titan is overkill, xerio, and it's very expensive. For the cost of one titan, you can build 2-3 decent computers. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    with that kind of budget, you can get some pretty great hardware.

The titan is overkill, xerio, and it's very expensive. For the cost of one titan, you can build 2-3 decent computers. Seriously.
    i said if he can afford it lol... i run a 2 way SLI with a titan as i had 1 on pre order xD and a friend got me one as a birthday gift lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast