Student on a budget

Been looking for a laptop, any recommendations? Looking for something to surf the web, and play some mmo's when I have time. Budget is around 500--600 max.
    I know how much Scare loves macs, but it's out of my price range
    new life, who this

Honestly... i would just suggest a prebuilt Windows 7 computer that has an I5 or I-7 (hate laptops if it was desktops i would of made a full list lol)

Casualty of War

Yeah, you're probably looking at I5 for the price range as I7s are generally 600+($900?)

Yeah I was looking at a few i5s. Was wondering f anyone had experience with lower end laptops and could point me directly to one.
    new life, who this

#Return

I had an i5, it was decent for a laptop, got it for $600 AUD. it wasn't a monster but it was good for YPP and general activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I had an i5, it was decent for a laptop, got it for $600 AUD. it wasn't a monster but it was good for YPP and general activities.
    If it runs ypp/rs then it will work for me. I won't be playing much but it would be nice to be able to when I want.
    new life, who this

Dude, core I3 is amazing. I was able to use my PCSX2 emulator to play Tales of the Abyss, Perfectly on it once you get the configurations (and pcsx2 uses up a lot of space I might add). Try and get one of those in your price range.