Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Buying a PC

Tim

Buying a PC

Don't want to spunk out too much so I've found 3 that look alright, does anyone see anything horrendously wrong with them at all and which would be best? I've got Windows 7 already so I'm fine with them not having an OS installed.

FAST AMD Dual Core 3.4Ghz X2 270 8GB 500GB HD6450 2GB Desktop Gaming PC Computer | eBay

SUPER FAST Quad Core 4.0GHz Gaming PC 8GB 1TB AMD RADEON HD7750 Desktop Computer | eBay

ULTRA FAST Quad Core 4.0Ghz FX4100 16GB 1TB HD 6450 Desktop Gaming PC Computer | eBay
    Coding up a storm and running the BuyPoe.com Network, which get 500k-1 Million Visitors monthly.

Would save up abit more and get a more future proof intel build imo.

I have a 6100FX AMD processor and its not great :3

yeah i would get intel

Banned

Why are you buying computers from ebay
    Scooter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
    Why are you buying computers from ebay
    Last time I did that, the PSU blew up within the first month but it was void from warrenty because I added another stick of RAM, counting as "modification". Then The Hard Drive died, then a DIMM slot died and the Hard Drive blew again. Plus they made just over 200 profit off me, the parts were fairly cheap.

This is why I'm going to build my future computers.

R.ita I.s P.erfect

Banned

Newegg, man O_o.

If you know anything about PCs I REALLY recommend you build your own. The amount of extra cost people charge simply for putting the pieces together is ridiculous.

Find yourself

1. A nice case
    2. A motherboard (with a quad-core processor minimum)
    3. Ram that is compatible with your motherboard
    4. A video card that is compatible with your motherboard
    5. A power supply that can power everything in your rig
    6. A decent hard drive
    7. CD-rom

It's pretty much this simple.

There are plenty of guides online and you will be able to get a much nicer PC overall for less if you build it yourself.

What you really want to do is build a computer yourself out of parts you chose. Use tomshardware or one of many "build your own PC" sites. Building a computer is extremely easy, there's only about 8 parts, but honestly it's EASY. Just watch these videos:

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components - YouTube

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build - YouTube

To be honest building your own PC is more effective as u can get it to the specs you need it to be and can save you a fortune in the long run but if its a gaming PC you are going for DO NOT got for AMD really not worth it but for the above of Martsios Links they are very handy and help you under stand computers but if u really want a good computer that u can change at will when u need to upgrade without limitations u should build your own using Intel for gaming

a Website i use 2 get all my parts cheap is System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom (its set to the UK but at top right you can change its region to go to your stores) i dont have anything wrong with AMD computers i have an FX8 myself that i have in my living room while on my main PC that i have in my study is an Intels I7-3770K and i very much more prefer my Intel

So if you still wanna buy one of them I would suggest the SUPER FAST Quad Core 4.0GHz Gaming PC 8GB 1TB AMD RADEON HD7750 Desktop Computer | eBay

but really if u prefer you can send me a Private message and i can get you a computer build with sepcs that you really need and ill get one made up for you on the PC park picker as i have a good information of computers and i build them in my spare time

Quote Originally Posted by Ragniirox View Post
    If you know anything about PCs I REALLY recommend you build your own. The amount of extra cost people charge simply for putting the pieces together is ridiculous.

Find yourself

1. A nice case
    2. A motherboard (with a quad-core processor minimum)
    3. Ram that is compatible with your motherboard
    4. A video card that is compatible with your motherboard
    5. A power supply that can power everything in your rig
    6. A decent hard drive
    7. CD-rom

It's pretty much this simple.

There are plenty of guides online and you will be able to get a much nicer PC overall for less if you build it yourself.
    to be honest 1. A nice case doesnt really mean anything it can be the best case ever and be a Micro ATX case and uhh not support the most common boreds such as ATX ATX XL and then the case is just sitting there in display corner due 2 not being used

2. Not all Motherbaords can support a Quad Core proccessor as not all of them support the right socket type.

3. ram that is compatible with a motherboard doesnt really mean a thing If he wants to Run Windows 7 he needs atleast 1 GB of Ram + how many extra for playing games (Suggested 8-16)

4. a Compatible Grpahics card with a Motherboard with no idea what ur doing is like saying heres a Nividia FX series graphics card dated about 10 years it will work pro on very up dated games if that is what he is using it for (Obviously it will not work on updated games using a part of sarcasm)

5.A Power Supply is always needed but if u put to much in you can overcharge the board and fry your entire system putting everything that u paid into a scrap heap...

6. a Decent Hardrive well Hardrives anyone can use but Based on gaming is 500GB+ (or in most cases if u play a lot of Games its a 1TB+ but now with the cahnges of HDD 2 SDD most people prefer the SOLID STATE due 2 if i a hardrive disk does a minor malfunction its hard as help 2 fix as with a Solid state its just a chip none moving parts so its less likely to break

7. Are you insane...? he is wanting a Gaming Computer so a CD Drive would only allow him with Access to games Dating from Release of Computers - 1998 IF THAT he would need at least a DVD Drive that can play pretty much all the games out there at PRESENT but with Blue-ray out some games wouldn't surprise me if they crossed to a Blue-ray drive so a CD-reader wouldn't read DVD or Blue-ray and DVD would Read CD AND DVD but not Blue-ray

Edit:
    Forgot to mention If u want a GOOD spec computer u work with the motherboard first and then work ur way out... Starting with the case is a waste of time as u buy it then the time u finish buying the last of the parts ur return policy be canceled out most likely and then u sell it off for cheaper so if u work from board first u can see all u need for it due to Your Motherboard can be way overly big and not fit or to small that the case doesnt support it
    Last edited by xerio; 05-26-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast