Banned

Internet blackout april 22nd

Anonymous Calls For Internet Blackout On April 22 To Protest CISPA

Dear citizens of the internet,

We are Anonymous.

The United States Government is again attempting to control and censor the internet. The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act has just recently passed the house.

This bill would allow major internet entities such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google to voluntarily share your personal information with the U.S. Government. This will not only effect users in the United States, but also anyone with an account with these companies.

This upcoming Monday, April the 22nd, we invite you to join Anonymous in a internet blackout. We encourage all web developers and website owners to go dark on this date. Display a message as to why you are going dark, and encourage others to do the same.

We hope, just like the successful protest over the Stop Online Piracy Act, we can encourage the senate to stop this bill.

Spread the message, and inform the world.

We are Anonymous
    We are the people
    We are the internet

Knowledge is free

Tell me what you think about this.

you better not be blocking my bots -_-

Ex-Staff Member

Does blocking Barack Obama on Twitter count?
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleuson View Post
    Does blocking Barack Obama on Twitter count?
    why were you following him...

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    why were you following him...
    i agree with scooter.
    also obama is a commy (i live in america)

Administrator

I don't see how you can really call obama a commie when he's furthered a lot of the bush adminsitrations agendas. Don't get me wrong, he's a really shit president and I despise his presidency. But he's far from a communist.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    I don't see how you can really call obama a commie when he's furthered a lot of the bush adminsitrations agendas. Don't get me wrong, he's a really shit president and I despise his presidency. But he's far from a communist.
    You think you have a problem?

Blackout?

Pardon me for saying this, but would it not be much more beneficial to USE the internet this day to spread the information about these acts that are trying to be passed?

Many people are ignorant of this sort of legislation and do not know much about it. By spreading this information via the internet, we will be targeting the best group of people to act against this bullshit.

Showing the Government that we will stop using the internet if they do this would only propel their agenda. We need to show that we will keep on using it to fight the good fight and that we have a God given RIGHT to do so.

Am I wrong?

Don't know much about American politics in depth but I'd rather have Obama than a mormon that strapped his dog to a roof and sped down the highway. An idiot with poor judgement who's actually supporting the party that says "everyone free for all!" where the poor die because they can't afford health insurance. If you ask me US should have a center party or have all of them around the center rather than far left or right.

I don't like how US are having so much control over me living in the UK, but at least I didn't put my address on facebook.