Reverse Engineering YPP puzzles

Has anyone ever tried to change the way the puzzles are made/used?

For example in gunning you can change the crate locations and make it a loopable board.

I found a way to do this by editing the bytecode for yoclient-dop but for some reason when I load the cannons it doesn't show up that it has been loaded and the puzzle freezes when all 4 cannons are filled.

When I reverse the bytecode back to original it works fine, maybe YPP does some other checks when the puzzles are finished?

Yes, IIRC, somebody once changed the SW pieces to all be 1 square, allowing for absurdly large combos. To prevent that kind of thing from scoring anymore, puzzle moves are checked server-side as well.

Ah ok, I figured they were doing something like that. Any idea where the method/class is that deals with sending the information back to the server?

I think this is something similar to the server code, and this is something similar to what they use for the player code. Obviously, some stuff is going to be different, as they didn't leave their proprietary puzzle implementations there (or other YPP-specific stuff).