Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Harsh reality.

Mehfailz x3's lover (^ ◕ᴥ◕ ^)

Thumbs up Harsh reality.

What a harsh reality it is to be banned for evasion when you spent hours making sure you were completely untainted. Never saying a single word in game to make the OM's believe you are ban evading. Never botting. Never raising your stats past respected.

They just banned me for ban evasion with absolutely no evidence to back up their claim. Unless you count random losers that I beat in SF claiming that I am a ban evader or modder. I mean seriously? I'm going to invest my time and money into another game. I just needed to blow off some steam after my final failed attempt at playing this game.

I should throw this in as well: I was also banned for RMT. (Oh snap, banned for two things at once. Get on my level y'all.) Now, I only used the Poker method 1 time. We took over an hour to make the transaction. Chatting like normal, playing until the river, and me losing quite a bit of times (I was the buyer.) I don't understand how they could possibly have enough evidence from that 1 poker match to claim RMT (Also, they banned me for RMT 4 days AFTER I made this transaction... a little late as I already lost all the PoE in SF and Poker anyways!) Lol! >.>

-Puzzle Pirates will ban you for ban evasion with no evidence.
    -Poker, SF, tourney, sloop, and roomie methods are NOT SAFE. (all of these methods WILL get you banned eventually. Don't believe any bullshit anyone else says.)
    -In the end, NO ONE IS SAFE. :) Not even experienced players! FML right?!

QUESTION: Would mentioning an old pirate name on SKYPE possibly get you banned? Because that's the only way I can think of that they connected my pirate to my old one! Maybe someone sent in a screenshot after I mentioned who I was almost 3 years ago. I didn't know that 3rd party "evidence" could be used. But who the feck knows anymore.

Tl:dr:

-I was banned for ban evasion with absolutely no evidence in game. (I have done all the steps to untaint properly, and had not only a moderator on this site help me, but also an experienced coder [who is a complete and total asshole, but a useful asshole...k but that's a different story] *cough*Dan*cough* :^)
    -I was also banned for RMT after trying out the "safe" Poker method to no prevail.

I'm done whining/ranting now. Thanks PP (for nothing other than frustration) and Bot-Supply, it's been a fun ride.

Tbh I don't think anyone is fully untainted unless they have a new PC

You can change your MAC address and IP, but you could also (possibly) be identified by your CPU/Motherboard/HDD via unique serial numbers, if vendors decide to make them accessible to a program running on your PC

c# - What is a good unique PC identifier? - Stack Overflow

No matter how well you think you untainted, they can still track you if you're using the same modem. And no... I would say that third party evidence would not get you banned unless you're speaking to the OM him/herself on Skype and confess to them directly, and that seems highly unlikely. If you remember xxxxxxx. There was video evidence of him botting on Youtube. His name on BotSupply was xxxxxxxxx lol and he still didn't get banned regardless of how many people reported him. So I completely disagree with anyone who says the OMs ban without evidence. If you get banned, it's because you either openly admit to evading or the OMs have proof of your evasion. I've never ever gotten banned once where I had a new modem, and I wasn't careful at all in game. Everybody knew who my old pirate was, but they couldn't prove shit. I probably got reported 10 times a day by randoms and I never ended up getting banned until I got fed up of the game and yelled out that I was ban evading in the inn. So no matter how well you think you untainted, I don't think there's any point complaining unless you're willing to get a new modem and ban evade the proper way. There is only one safe method of buying/selling poe that I know of and I only know one guy who used to sell on this site that used to use it, and he's gone now. I've never seen anyone get banned for this because it's impossible to prove that the person is actually buying or selling poe unless you do it on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Face; 11-17-2016 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Don't give pirate names, come on.

Banned

My personal understanding of their ban methods: Wagering in SF and being extremely good at it without any other piracy stats or experience/getting to 1m PoE within a few days of making a pirate will likely get you banned for ban evasion.
    Not to mention, I personally do not think there is a way to get untainted without changing some hardware comonents, if you are using WiFi for sure atleast.

I did change my modem, but used the same laptop. With MAC change, registry clear, deleting hash folder, and removing PP and related folders/pictures. Also changed PC username. There must be a way they detected my hardware. I honestly never thought it was possible.

Banned

if you used WiFi then there is a network card in your laptop there that is just one of the first things they spot when searching you.

I thought changing the MAC address took care of this?

Sorry for your loss. Let me make this clear: THERE IS NO SAFE EVASION. They do NOT need evidence. They ban and don't ban based on what they feel you contribute to the game. I know ban evaders that have been banned several dozen times and out of nowhere stopped getting banned. We have botters that get unbanned all the time. Then you have people like me that gets a new PC, moves out of state, has a new ISP, gets banned for botting and appeals 5x (apologizing and confessing) and gets told I am a danger to the community.

I've been banned on completely untainted machines where I went as far as to change ISPs just to make sure my modem was different and my IP was different. Fact is if someone in game reports you enough, you'll go down...end of. One of my more recent accounts went down cause someone thought I was someone else and got her little circle of tarts to report me for a few days straight lol

I play now, spending what poe i make on stupid crap, not building my pirate's inventory whatsoever. You either need to accept that your shit will be lost eventually or just have no shit to lose. When you reach your breaking point you will walk away.

I have most definitely reached my breaking point D;. I had really hoped that maybe as a last ditch effort they would unban most, if not all pirates. I can see now that it definitely won't happen. They would rather see the game "go in peace" rather than it "go out in flames"... at least that's what I've gathered. I think it is funny that Cronus posted how he believes the game will be alive and well for "many years to come." I just don't see how he can possibly think that it will last that long. I just wish the game never went under the Ocean Masters control, because everything has gone to complete shit.

I understand banning for botting, RWT, credit card fraud, and other things like that. However, I do not understand banning for ban evasion, especially if the person is actually on their best behavior and isn't doing anything to harm the game. Blows my mind.

I now see that there is absolutely no point in me even trying to play again for the 100th time. If I were to somehow miraculously stayed unbanned, I would lose everything within a year or so anyway because of the game shutting down. This is just my opinion. It's hard to say goodbye to a game I have played nonstop for 10 years! All good things come to an end I suppose.

At least when the game shuts down, all the "do gooders" that look down on all of us will be in the same exact position as us. Left with nothing.

Banned

Well for one on PP OMs do not accept screen shots from anyone due to the high level of people easily accessing editing tools and being skilled to do so. I mean I could easily make a screenshot to look as if face msgd me saying he was going to give everyone free poe and bots. So that would be out of the question. Chances are you are very unlucky and got caught but majority of the time even with other games and sites if your a continouse ban evader or continue to get into trouble like such then you will likely end up getting a deeper taint. As in they will search for your PC name or drive names. As far as them accessing hardware like cpu gpu ram id's i highly doubt that. Likely you slipt up to someone and they told someone who told 10 people whom also told more someones which in the end got you accussed and banned. Always safe to never tell even your best friends who you are. I personally would suggest getting a fresh OS install and a new Modem. Easily get a free one from your provider just tell them that one is not working correctly. OS is easy. Back your files up Upgrade to a newer OS or to a free OS dont use any 3p programs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast