Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mehfailz x3

Thread: Appealed-again

Appealed-again

So heard a rumor that they were kind of doing a ban amnesty thing and unbanning pirates that had been banned a long time ago, sending random emails telling these pirates that thier bans were lifted. Initially I thought, awesome maybe my main will get unbanned, then laughed at myself haha

Anyway I decided to try to re-appeal the pirate banned for botting when I moved.

Initial response asked me to name all bots used and length of time I used them. I copped to two bots (the ones I used more frequently). This is my reply from them.

Ahoy,

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your case.

I'm afraid that after careful consideration the ban will not be removed. Unfortunately, once again you have not made a full declaration of all bots used.

This decision was not made lightly, but we unfortunately cannot justify unbanning your account. As a result of this decision, the appeal for this account is closed.

You may view our Terms of Service at Puzzle Pirates: id="Grey_Havens.2C_LLCs_Terms_of_Service">Grey Havens, LLCs Terms of Service

Fair winds,
    Hera

The sentence in bold has me a bit puzzled. Does that mean that they have detected something or are they just fishing and assuming I used more bots? I did use Poseidon regularly, but I am a token junkie and SMH alot and always assist for tokens and vegases so I do not think they would be referring to that. We had a bot-a-thon during that period so it could be anything...or they are just being their usual dishish selves?

Let me also add that I am not posting this to in any way under mind or discourage anyone from buying/using bots. The risk is there and if anyone thinks otherwise, you probably shouldn't be on here. I am just posting this to get some feedback and see what other player/mods might think about the so called "detection" Hera is claiming.

Captain Medals

Nope, If they really had a botting detection they'd ban an unhealthy amount of players and wouldn't rely on a flagging system and manual bans - keep in mind that many botters are basically using the same piece of software. They are simply fishing for information and you should defend your standpoint as good as you can as they have no evidence that there were more bots than that involved (unless your pirate has a distinct pattern).

Also they unfortunately aren't more lenient on ban cases unless you basically spoon feed their ego with what they want to hear and even then its a gamble.

As long as the ocean didn't get wiped you can be sure they didn't detect our bots. However, if you really want to be safe use manual mode.

#BuyingDubloonsgetsyoubanned
    Panda likes this.
    Who do you think you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehfailz x3 View Post
    They are simply fishing for information and you should defend your standpoint as good as you can as they have no evidence that there were more bots than that involved (unless your pirate has a distinct pattern).
    What information are they fishing for? They can come view the bots on this website anytime they like.

I believe they're aware that you're botting a puzzle that you didn't mention in your appeal. It's unclear exactly which bot(s) they've detected but it seems to include one or more of the bots you didn't name.

Captain Medals

Reverse engineering is illegal - there is a reason why they didnt do that in years.

They just want to see which bots are likely to be picked up by their detection and also get an idea where/how often/how long people bot to adjust the detection pattern for each puzzle.

Trust me, there is a reason why they didnt detect the majority of botters yet but also why you should be using manual (better safe than sorry).
    Who do you think you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehfailz x3 View Post
    Reverse engineering is illegal - there is a reason why they didnt do that in years.
    Could you ever prove they did it though, if they did? Moreover, would you be able to sue them, win, and collect a judgement? (Or report the crime if it's criminal not civil)

you should be using manual (better safe than sorry).
    Not sure when I started seeing this message, maybe 2011, maybe before, but if anyone weighs how many bots have they actually banned in that time and what the likelihood of being banned is, versus the time/effort required to actually play the puzzles at the same level or for the same time as a bot, I think the answer is obvious. There is no case where it's worth using manual mode. (unless you're learning the puzzle yourself I guess)

Also, ever since Face 'took over' the botting scene things have been a lot more stable and quiet vs. the retarded days of David 'the faggot' Ahmad telling people to spam Admiral Inn, or his other retarded shenanigans, so it's a lot safer now too.