Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Banned for Botting

Banned for Botting

First time ban for botting!

Not complaining, I knew the risks on auto, but several people I know have been banned too so I thought I'd let you all know that for as dreadfully dead as the game has become, they still get off on killing it further :P

Btw I was evading, but moved to a new state and had all new computers and a new ISP and did not broadcast who I used to play as at all.

Bots used most recently

Poseidon
    DiS
    Aeolus

Bots used in the past 30 days:
    All of the above
    Spools
    Wood for Thought (very seldom, gee I wonder why)
    Aethyr-4th botathon only
    Stardust-4th botathon only (achieved Ult)
    Argos-4th botathon only
    Overhaul-4th botathon only
    Inferno-4th botathon only

No I didnt afk bot except the rare times I ran to the lpr. Yes I actively chatted and yes I even took over the bots periodically on the ones I used for extended times (like full cit runs and SMHs).

Captain Medals

Thanks for the information!

Let me ask some questions:

-Which bot did you use the most and which bot were you using directly before your ban?

-Could people have reported you for botting or do you assume it was an automatically triggered ban?

-Were you solely playing bottable puzzles or do you play other puzzles as well?

-How much of your game time were you botting (e.g not playing poker or something else)?
    Who do you think you are?

Banning botters isn't killing the game at all lol. unlucky bro, did you ever do anything that didn't involve botting, probably helps a lot to take breaks and do legitimate stuff every now and then

This is why you have 4+ accounts running at once but nah i actively use aes/dis/pos too, nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehfailz x3 View Post
    Thanks for the information!

Let me ask some questions:

-Which bot did you use the most and which bot were you using directly before your ban?

-Could people have reported you for botting or do you assume it was an automatically triggered ban?

-Were you solely playing bottable puzzles or do you play other puzzles as well?

-How much of your game time were you botting (e.g not playing poker or something else)?

I used Poseidon, Aeolus, and DiS frequently. DiS was daily however, I never wagered more than 1k on rare occasions. Yesterday in the morning ..like 7-9am EST I was on a citrun and was using Aeolus and DiS. I was present for the entire run, accepted all 1v1 challenges, and even hauled without a bot.After that I did an HS and I didnt even station, just defended and hauled. DiS was all I used onthat. The rest of the day I foraged (myself) and did other labor puzzles without bots and maybe entered 3-4 SF tournies (did not even place high in any of them)

You never know if whether or not someone reported you, but I had a habit of taking over the bots so i never stayed top of the DR to make someone say Oh Wow..botter.

Well, more often bilge or rigs but had no issues with Carp and Patch as well. Did plenty of labor puzzles. Bot free other than the Bot-A-Thon

I did one or two runs a day, the rest was spent pokering, docktarting, labor puzzling, Monster Fraying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pawners View Post
    This is why you have 4+ accounts running at once but nah i actively use aes/dis/pos too, nothing!

LOL this is my first ban for botting. I have had Poseidon most of my bots since their release dates/ Banned for evasion more times than I could count and my first ban was something else altogether. I think I jinxed myself because I recently posted on here I have been botting for years and never banned for it.

Banned

can I ask a question, it is realy just a conspiracy , did you use whyayes bot at any point?

Quote Originally Posted by scola55 View Post
    can I ask a question, it is realy just a conspiracy , did you use whyayes bot at any point?
    LOL never

Banned

ok, cause I have had 10ppl tell me they were banned for botting this week or 2 alot of them are known jolly roger players, some used whyayes bot aswell so I thought maybe that was the reason..never mind then

ok, cause I have had 10ppl tell me they were banned for botting this week or 2 alot of them are known jolly roger players, some used whyayes bot aswell so I thought maybe that was the reason..never mind then
    Nah not me. I can say though that several people in the crew I was in were banned in the past couple of weeks. It could be they were just taking a harder look at the crew in general. I probably log the most hrs. I really just think they did a sweep though. It is harder to blend in with less active players.

Banning botters isn't killing the game at all lol.

You cannot possibly believe that bans and the decline in active players have nothing to do with each other...That is sarcasm right?

Administrator

Strange how you have this many people telling you but I haven't had a single one, aside from Panda.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast