Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikaelssen

Thread: Computer Idea for Multi VM Botting

Computer Idea for Multi VM Botting

Deleted
    Last edited by clawsraped; 08-20-2016 at 05:01 AM.

Per Computer? Just get a decent server for 1000usd then... and fire that loud beast up 'n get crunching on 20 Virtual machines.. Once you're going for anything that requires computing power like multiple virtual machines then you would save money on doing it the right way. But there's really not that much money to gain from the activities that you want to start with anyways, so either way i'd see this going into negative profits.

But Servers don't have graphics cards normally, just a tiny 20mb cache GPU at some instances. And might require some Tech Know how to set up properly without a monitor (monitors are old, get KVM). (mmmm Xeon power)

Now ignore everything I've said and go with whatever anyone else suggests.
    Last edited by mikaelssen; 06-09-2015 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Ramblings

Ignore the signature image, it's already decoded.

Deleted

Well taking that Wow, RS, PP, and a bunch of the bot-able games aren't so resource intensive, i'd just go ahead and grab equipment from 2007 or so then, DDR3 compatible 1333mhz ram and up would do just fine, A cheap but slightly fast CPU like 2.4Ghz or up, AMD of Intel, does not matter much for this, as you're on a budget. Go to the scrapyard and take a few computer cases, or build a wooden rack (Needs Carpentry skill 40 or more). Some sort of storage array, either a shared raid by ISCSI network raid (Not that hard to make, requires Tech 60) or just .. 512 to 1TB single drives for each computer.

Install VMware server edition on them, this is not compatible with just any kind of hardware, so check their compatibility list. Else go with Windows and Hyper-V, it's dead easy to use.
    with 12gb ram ddr3, one preferably 4 core or more cpu at minimum 2.4, and a tiny storage amount, you could be able to fit (12-2)/2 Machines, so 5 Machines with 2Gb ram each approx, they'll be dead slow but usable. Faster machines would require more CPU power and preferably more IO speed, so a RAID or SSD upgrade would be needed for additional speed.

Also i don't bot games, I'm in the middle of writing a Free blacksmith bot for PP though.
    clawsraped likes this.

Ignore the signature image, it's already decoded.

Deleted