Thread: Array elements

Array elements

Alright so I've written a lot of projects in the past where the results would be posted in the software, or on command prompt. Now to my question: I'm really curious about botting, how it works and such. I have an understand of its functionality, but not of its scanning. For example, I want to make an array of elements that hold a specific spot on let's say a rig board (element 1 has one blue block ,element 2 has one black block,etcc) , as well as commands and loops that produce the final result of a move on the board, saved and looped again. Is this the right way of thinking about it? If so, how do i make my bot scan for these elements? does it have to scan the pixels or what?

No, somehow, yes.
    Okay all your questions are answered.
    No, probably a bit more complicated representation than that.
    Somehow, you make your bot scan for the elements, usually by taking a screenshot and analyzing the screenshot.
    Yes, scanning the pixels of the screenshot will work.
    Then you calculate the best move and do it.

Still, though, why would you code a rigbot when there are already 2 out here?
    I only really coded mine to the full extent that I did because my algorithm was somewhat easy (but still somewhat complicated) to adapt to the task of tokening.

If you're trying to do this just because you don't want to pay for the bots, it's probably not worth the time and annoyance.

It's not that, I have most of the bots.

I just think the carpentry bot needs a rework. I was referring to the rigging bot since it was the easiest puzzle to apply my analogy and explanations to--so that my question becomes more clear to you and the others. So in order to have the bot read the board through screenshots ill have to make it refer to say orangebox.jpg right?

Okay, sure. But I swear that carpentry is kind of difficult, what with heuristics, lookup tables, and whatnot.
    So good luck...

So basically you find a reference image on the screen. Then, relative to that reference image, you take a screenshot of some height and width from some point. Then, you analyze the screenshot to get the current state of the board. Then, you use whatever algorithm to "solve" for the next best move. Then, you do the "best" move.