Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By flashbang

Thread: Hmm

  1. #1
    Member
    Luriebot is offline

    Posts
    85

    Hmm

    Ok so I realize that Java is not the best for developing bots for Y!PP but yea I am trying it. Anyway I have a questions for the devs/anyone who knows Java. First does anyone know of any free HMM library's and or code that are good enough to not be detected by Y!PP? If no what library's work, in any language? I understand that the SRL library works and is undetected but I would have to rebuild it in Java. Ideas or help are appreciated!

  2. #2
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Well, most open source java hmm three rings would also have access to. Most coders just code their own to prevent three rings having it.

    I have one in C# you could easily convert to Java, or I could for you. Skype me.

  3. #3
    Member
    Luriebot is offline

    Posts
    85
    Ok a few more questions. I want to capture the gunning board and i already have the implementation for that, but what is the best way to store it, i am looking a hash tables however as far as board storage go's what would be best? second as far as placing the pieces on the pieces on said board i think keeping their location data on the board data would be best, but what are your thoughts on that? finally simulating movement i am thinking the best way would be to indicate direction with an arrow and continue in a straight line along the board until either it hits a piece or hits a wall/block. anyway thoughts on all this would be appreciated.

  4. #4
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Luriebot View Post
    Ok a few more questions. I want to capture the gunning board and i already have the implementation for that, but what is the best way to store it, i am looking a hash tables however as far as board storage go's what would be best? second as far as placing the pieces on the pieces on said board i think keeping their location data on the board data would be best, but what are your thoughts on that? finally simulating movement i am thinking the best way would be to indicate direction with an arrow and continue in a straight line along the board until either it hits a piece or hits a wall/block. anyway thoughts on all this would be appreciated.
    Why do you need to store their values anywhere?

    If piece is in this spot, place arrow.
    If cannon has these red and grey, it needs a cannon.

    My gunning "algorithm" was really simple but effective, there's no need to store anything in an array or a list or anything, nor do you really need to store all the piece locations unless you were planning to make a gun bot which doesn't use the navy loop (which would be stupid as navy loop is just as effective).

    For my bot, I had a thread checking each cannon and what they needed with an integer called "gunStatus"

    if gunStatus = 2, the gun needs a cannon, if 4 it needed a washout etc. I then had another thread which did all the moving of arrows and choosing what pieces it needed depending on what the cannon needed. You are over thinking it.

    Edit: This isn't bilging, you don't need to simulate anything, gunning is the easiest bot to make if you are familiar with image/colour detection as it doesn't require an algorithm such as brute force or pattern recognition at all.

  5. #5
    Member
    Luriebot is offline

    Posts
    85
    ah im going a bit more advanced, im not using looping. my method involves getting the pieces that each cannon requires, and then getting the closest required piece to the cannon and directing it into the cannon. because arrows are only used to direct pieces a program could direct 4 pieces at once filling all cannons with required pieces within little more then the time required to cross the board. the trick is i need to simulate the board and pieces so that i can determine at which point in a pieces path an arrow is needed. so i need the board stored so i can simulate moves on it.

  6. #6
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Luriebot View Post
    ah im going a bit more advanced, im not using looping. my method involves getting the pieces that each cannon requires, and then getting the closest required piece to the cannon and directing it into the cannon. because arrows are only used to direct pieces a program could direct 4 pieces at once filling all cannons with required pieces within little more then the time required to cross the board. the trick is i need to simulate the board and pieces so that i can determine at which point in a pieces path an arrow is needed. so i need the board stored so i can simulate moves on it.
    Overkill and chewing up a lot of processing power. Good luck, try storing it in an array.

  7. #7
    Bot Coder
    flashbang is offline

    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Why do you need to store their values anywhere?

    If piece is in this spot, place arrow.
    If cannon has these red and grey, it needs a cannon.

    My gunning "algorithm" was really simple but effective, there's no need to store anything in an array or a list or anything, nor do you really need to store all the piece locations unless you were planning to make a gun bot which doesn't use the navy loop (which would be stupid as navy loop is just as effective).

    For my bot, I had a thread checking each cannon and what they needed with an integer called "gunStatus"

    if gunStatus = 2, the gun needs a cannon, if 4 it needed a washout etc. I then had another thread which did all the moving of arrows and choosing what pieces it needed depending on what the cannon needed. You are over thinking it.

    Edit: This isn't bilging, you don't need to simulate anything, gunning is the easiest bot to make if you are familiar with image/colour detection as it doesn't require an algorithm such as brute force or pattern recognition at all.
    Now it is pretty obvious why you got timing issues, running 5 threads at a time which depend on each other...
    Devereux likes this.

    //siggy by Poseidon

  8. #8
    Member
    Luriebot is offline

    Posts
    85
    lol sorry scare but i just had laugh. Go Flash! anyway 5 threads should not be a problem as long as each thread did a whole sequence like for example get the piece, and use the arrow to direct the piece and a pause and then another arrow direction. If not then flash is more then right.

  9. #9
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    Now it is pretty obvious why you got timing issues, running 5 threads at a time which depend on each other...
    2 threads* should've made myself a bit clearer. Only one depended on the other, which wasn't really a problem cause it only took a few ms to check which cannon it was up to and what piece it needed next, for the other thread to do.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 06-27-2013 at 08:18 PM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Luriebot is offline

    Posts
    85
    ok so new question, the pixel values are all different for the gun board detection, how would i search each shot for a pixel and allow a tolerance of like 5 in the rbg to determine if it is a flat board or a barrier?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •